You lose something of hers (part 1)

Your POV

"Good luck, baby!" Dinah said as she gives me her paper air plane necklace for the day of my final exam at school.

Being Dinah Jane's girlfriend, a lot of people know who I am. I get grabbed at, yelled at, cursed at, and all kinds of things these crazy fans wish to do.

So after my exam on the way to my car, a group of girls corner me, and they start grabbing at me. One of the girls managed to grab the necklace off of my neck, and I have a few scratches on my arms, including numerous bruises where they kicked and hit me.

Luckily they did not hurt my face, so I can hide it from Dinah . I do not like getting between her and her fans, not even when I get hate or anything. I can't tell her. It will only make it worse. So when I limp to my car, I realise the necklace is gone.

I am really upset and I feel so bad. I decide to go buy Dinah  a new one. I feel very guilty, and I know she would be upset to.

Since all the fans want a necklace like this as well, the prices are tremendously high, and I have to use nearly half of the money of this months' pay check, but I reckon it is worth it. When I get home, I leave my bag with the necklace in the car since it's raining and I need my free hand to unlock everything. I will just give Dinah  the necklace tomorrow morning, or later tonight when the rain clears.

When I enter the house, I yell to Dinah  that I was home. She is in the kitchen starting dinner. I feel really upset and guilty, so I decide to tell her. "Babe, I need to tell you something." I start. "Yeah, babe? What's bothering you?" She says, turning off the stove to turn to me. She leans against the counter, and I play with my fingers as I feel the tears built up again.

"I'm so sorry babe, I accidental lost your necklace you gave to me for good luck, and I'm so very sorry!" I say quietly and quickly. I look up after a bit, and she was there running her hand through his hair. "Fuck! You're just so careless! That necklace meant everything to me! You literally just ruined my life!" Dinah yells, walking past me to the hall.

I trail behind her, feeling bad, but she has no right to yell at me. I am now full on crying. "I'm sorry Dinah! I didn't mean to! I even-" "Don't bother apologizing. I can't even stand you anymore! I knew you were a mistake, and so was moving in together!!!" She yells, shoving past me into the bedroom as I cry.

I call my best friend, and she says I should come spent a few nights with her until I find a new place. It is clear that Dinah  and I are over. I get in my car, and as I fumble around in my bag for tissues, I come across the box with the new necklace inside.

I decided to write Dinah a note and leave it in the kitchen along with the necklace.

Dinah,

I'm really sorry about your necklace. I got you a new one. I know it won't replace the old one, but at least it's something. I understand if you don't want it since it came from me, so you can just throw it out or something. I'm sorry though, that you spent a year and 7 months on a mistake. I promise I won't bother you anymore. I truly am sorry about your necklace. I know it meant a lot to you. I just never thought it would mean more to you than me. Although I suppose I understand now. I'll pick up my stuff before the end of the week.

I leave the letter on the kitchen table along with the new necklace. I decided to turn around and try one more time. I softly walk up the stairs, and knock on our bedroom door. "Dinah?" I whisper.

I hear something hitting the door, like she just threw something at the door. I gasp,  let out an involuntary sob. "I'm sorry Dinah . I love you. I just- Is there still hope for us?" I softly cry.

She does not reply.

I guess there isn't.

I decide to leave even though it hurts. Even if there is no chance, I still love her, and I will go out of my way to give her what she wants, needs or deserves.

She sure as hell deserves someone better than me.