Escape

Sorry for not updating this book in a little while, I'm trying to catch my other book Lakeview High up to this one and I've just really been into it lately. I've also been into GTA lately, but that doesn't matter. But yeah, I'm back and ready to write on THIS book! So enjoy this chapter!

(Evans POV)

It had to of been midnight when Cole came back up to the roof. I was half asleep till I heard the door open.

     "It's almost clear. You'll have to escape through the back though." Cole says shining a flashlight on us. I squint my eyes at the bright light before getting up.

"You're not coming with us? I'm sure Evan won't mind besides, don't you want to escape the city?" Tyler asks. Cole looks at the ground for a second before looking back up.

"No, I came here for a reason. I'm glad that we ran into each other though. If I hadn't spotted you guys, you all would've most likely died." Cole says. Thanks? I guess? I hear someone run up the stairs and then not a second later I see Mason standing right behind Cole.

"We gotta leave, NOW! They already got Emily and Josh!" Mason says, panicked. I look at them confused.

     "We'll jump over to the other roof and escape from there to the truck in the alley." Cole says starting to run pass me. What the hell does he mean that we need to jump?

"GUYS COME ON!" Cole yells at us. We all start to run towards him. We stop near the ledge.

"Okay, what the hell happened?! Why do we have to jump from one building to another?! We could fucking miss it and die!" Marcel exclaims. Tyler and I both nod our heads agreeing with him.

"Look. It's an eight foot gap. Take a running start and leap. Would you rather us go downstairs and die a painful death as we're being ripped apart by zombies, or us jumping to another building for safety that's only 5 feet away and have a small possibility of dying?" Mason says. He takes a couple steps back and starts to run towards the edge. Jumping to the other side somewhat safely.

"I have a fucked up ankle! HOW in the hell am I supposed to do that?! It hurts to even stand on it!" I exclaim. Cole quickly jumped over without having to run back.

"Suck up the pain for a couple of seconds. That's what I had to do when I about tore my Achilles tendon during a baseball game." Cole says. Marcel takes a deep breath before taking a few steps back and then running towards the ledge. He makes it and not a second later Tyler was doing the same thing. Both already on the other side.

"Listen Evan. Those fuckers can come through that door at any minute or even any second. If you don't jump now, they'll get you." Cole says. Taking a step closer to the ledge. He holds out his hand.

"I got you if you slip Evan. You have to trust me though." Cole says.

The fight that we almost had. All the arguing that we did over stupid things. The night when he kissed (Y/N) and all that I could do was just watch. When he said to trust him all of those memories suddenly came back to me. I take a step back away from them. Cole sighs.

     "Evan please. You HAVE to trust me. I know we had our differences in the past but I'm trying to safe your life here. I know that you would do the same for me." He says. Well, I don't know about THAT. I take a deep breath and nod my my head.

     The door to the roof is slammed open against the wall and zombies start to run towards me. I look back at Cole and start to run towards the ledge. My ankle burning with pain now as I run. I step up to the ledge and jump. My knees hit the other roofs floor first and I was tucking and rolling as the rest of my body hits it. I was suddenly helped up.

     "See, now lets go." Cole says.

     Marcel comes to my side and lets me use him as a crutch. As we start to limp towards the door I look back at the other building as the zombies try to get over here like we did but they just plummet towards the ground beneath them.

     There was the truck in the back alley just like Cole said. I got in the bed of the truck to stretch out my legs. Marcel sat in the back with me while Tyler, Cole, and Mason got inside the truck.

      "Hopefully Tyler knows where to go. I have a feeling we won't be back to the house till morning." I say. We both start to laugh.

     "Next thing that we know is that we'll be back in the city." Marcel says. We continue to laugh for a little while longer but finally stop.

     "I'm sorry that I went off on you in the car I just. I didn't-" I was at a loss of words. I didn't know what else to says.

     "It's okay dude, really it is." He says. I sigh and start to ease a little. I look up at the sky and see the stars as they continue to glow.

     "What do you think (Y/N)'s doing right now?" I ask looking back at Marcel. He shrugs his shoulders and lays down.

     "Who knows. Maybe kicking ass right now. That or she's sleeping." He says with a chuckle. I smile at both thoughts. I sigh again and look back up at the sky.

     Suddenly I was knocked to the right and was hanging half way out on the other side of the truck. A car horn is soon going off and it doesn't stop. I sit back up again and look at what just happened. A car rammed to the side of our truck. It looks like a black sedan, but I'm not sure. Cole, Mason, and Tyler all get out the passenger side door. I scoot to the tailgate, as does Marcel.

     "I DIDN'T FUCKING SEE THEM COMING! IT'S THE END IF THE WORLD LIKE I'M GONNA EXPECT ANOTHER CAR NEAR US!" Cole yells running towards the car.