Chapter 7 : Solving The Case

Daria's POV

"Who the fuck is Artemis?" He spat coldly and I froze.

"None of your concern." I said bluntly.

"What's his last name?" He asked inching closer.

"I-I don't know.. why does it matter anyway?" I said the last part with frustration.

"Because." He said and glared at me

"You are here to train me not interrogate me about my personal life." I said and glared back.

He dropped his glare and went back to his blank cold expression then sighed and put his hands in his pockets.

"Fine. But remember, you are responsible for what happens for getting involved with people like him." He said and turned around.

Oh no you don't.

"People like him? Do you know him or something?" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Doesn't matter. You do. And you know what he is involved in." He said waving his hand in the air.

"Yup just like what you are involved in." I said and rolled my eyes.

"So it is who I thought." He said to himself.

"He is Artemis Evans.. ring a bell?" He asked and smirked.

My eyes widened and I gulped. Artemis Evans? No way. The second most famous and feared gangleader after Hayes.
Woah. What is it with me and gangleaders?!

"Isn't he.." I began.

"My biggest rival? Yup." He said and glared at me.

"I didn't know that Hayes."

"Well now you do. So are you gonna stay away?" He asked curiously.

I looked down into thought. Will I stay away?

Wait a second. Why should I?
He is no one to control my life. Artemis is his rival not mine so...

"No. I won't stay away frm him." I said and looked at him. I grabbed my bag and left.

I looked back and saw Hayes leaning against the door his hands in his pockets watching me.

I looked away and walked back to my car.

As I got to my dorm I heard noises and laughing.

When I got in I gasped as a cold frosty liquid hit my head down to my body.

I instantly glared and clenched my fists.

"Oops." I heard someone whisper.

"Oh shit. We're dead...literally." the same voice whispered.

"O em gi. She is so gonna kill us!" The same voice again whispered.

"Jesus please help us. She Is glaring at the wall that's so not her.." again the same voice said.

"Shut it Kate." Another voice hissed. Which I recognized as Layla's.

I turned to my left and looked at them hiding behind the couch peeking from the top.

"Run." I said bluntly and in less than a second each one ran in a direction as well slipping on the floor and squealing.

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door shut.

"What a great welcome!" I shouted at the ceiling and sarcastically grinned.

"Wasup Dee."

I looked and saw Madz.

"Hey. You need to hear this." I said seriously and angry.

"Oh shit! Girls! Condition Red!!!" Madz called. Condition Red is our code word for emergencies.

"What's wrong?! Did Dee get rid of you already?"

I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch.

They all sat down as soon as Darcy came back.

I told them about Artemis and what Hayes said and my trainings.

"I can't believe we missed all that." Layla said and pouted.

"I can't believe we missed you meeting a hot guy!" Kate said in disbelieving tone.

I rolled my eyes and groaned in frustration.

"What am I supposed to do?! I mean..I know I'm still in love with Hayes I admit it...but somehow I don't want to stay away from Artemis.." I said with frustration.

"You've always loved Hayes and I don't think moving on from him is going to work with Artemis. They're kind of alike. Plus they are enemies and you know how boys will ask you to choose between each of them." Layla said with a frown.

"That's the point! And I was so mad that I didn't notice that I just said no to Hayes without thinking of the consequences." I said and groaned again.

"Wait." Darcy said looking deep in thought.

We all looked at her with raised eyebrows as if she has a solution.

"Don't you think it's weird that Artemis asked you about Hayes when you found out about him being in a gang?"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Umm no..he aid the boys told him." I said.

"Why didn't the boys tell him before?" She barked.

"Okay chill. Gee."

"Am just trying to solve the case." She said and putting her hands up in surrender.

"So what do we do?" I said rubbing my hands together.

"First we need to know the secrets hidden behind both I them so you need to get closer to Hayes and Artemis." Madz said.

"What happens after I figure out the secrets?" I asked.

"You choose. Or most probably you decide between the right and wrong and you know who to stay away from." Layla pointed out.

"Why all the complications? I'll just talk to Hayes and eventually find out what's up." I said and sighed.

"Or that." Kate said with a mouth full of ice cream.

I lookd at her weirdly then shook my head at her.

I don't know what I would do without these girls.

_________
Hey loves!!

I hope you liked this chapter. It was kinda shorter than the others.

Please comment and vote 😘😚

Love ya ❤❤