Chapter 7: Late Chats

Remus

It was two nights before everybody left for break. I was fortunate enough that the full moon wasn't during Christmas which meant I could go over the Potters. I didn't have to do any prefect duties tonight, it was the sixth years turn. So instead I decided to do my homework. I was half way through my potions essay when the portrait swung open and in came Rosalind. She looks tired but is still beautiful. Her long hair has been pulled into a ditch braid. She's wearing plaid green pajama pants with a Gryffindor quidditch sweatshirt. No doubt Sirius'.

"Hey ya rosa- I mean Rosie." I stutter. "How did you get in?"

"Oh hey Remy. Sirius gave me the password. " she responds.

"Why beings you to our humble common room."

"Umm. Let's call it a nightmare. "

"Well I can tell you that Sirius is asleep right now. Do you want to sit down and talk about it?"

She Hesitates but then walks over and sits next to me on the couch. She stares into the fire for a moment before saying.

"Remus have you ever been forced to do something. And not like Sirius and James forcing you to do a prank or anything prefect related but really was forced against your will?"

Yeah every month during the full moon I think to myself but instead I reply.

"Yeah I have. Why what's this so called nightmare about?" I ask as she lays her head in my shoulder. Without thinking I wrap my arms around her. She doesn't pull away and I'm glad.  It feels right just to hold her.

"It's about my family forcing me to do something. I don't really want to get into specifics but let's just say it's pretty common for families like mine to do this. "

"Oh" I'm 99% I know what she's talking about. An arranged marriage families such as the blacks are big believers in the hole blood supremacy thing so To insure the blood line is pure the arrange marriages some before they're even born. The thought of her marrying someone else makes me sick.

"Remus ya still there?"

"What. Oh yeah sorry."

"You're probably tired. Well I should probably head back. "

"No stay!"

"Remus it's fine. I'm tired too."

"Just remember make decisions from the heart and use your head to make it work (Sir Girad) "

"Thanks but there's just so much pressure." She says giving me a weak smile.

"Pressure can break things but it can also make diamonds (my dad)" I smile back.

"Thanks Remmy. We should do this more often." She says and walks out.

I sigh and head up stairs.

Rosalind

As I walk to my common room I keep thinking about my encounter with Remus. It was nice. When he wrapped his arms around my I felt safe and wanted. Like I belonged  there. But I shake my head at the thought. I can't have feelings for one of my brothers best friends. Not to mention he's my friend too. If it didn't work out it would ruin our friendship. I like how I can talk to Remus about anything. How I can be my self around him.

I get to the painting and say the password. I walk into the common room and head up stairs. That rotten letter still in my bed stand. I walk over to it and pick it up I say a quick spell and watch the letter burn. Then I get changed and brush my teeth and climb into bed.

"Back from your lover." A voice says catching  me by surprise.

"Shit Blake ya scared me."

"I didn't here you deny anything." I can hear the smirk in her voice.

"He's not my lover. He's just a really good.. friend. "

"Sure he is." She mumbles and rolls over back to sleep.

He's just a friend. He's just a friend. But what if....  what if he was more? It was then I realized I fancied one of my best friends. Remus John Lupin.

Sorry for the late update. I'm getting ready for mid terms not to mention the holiday madness. I was going to post early but i was busy watching the Ohio state and that team up north game. It went into 2 over times and I almost had a heart attack. Luckily the bucks pulled through. Hope you like this chapter tell me what you think about Remus and Rosalind getting together