Chapter 31: The Player Settles Down

September 20 1977

Rosalind

"Can you believe it?" Lily says painting Marlene nails.

"The player of hogwarts is settling down." Blake adds.

"And he already has this adorable little baby." I add with Izy in my arm. She's wearing a coral tutu and a flower headban. "She's not going to be too cold in this is she?"

"Rosie. It's September and it's 27 degrees Celsius outside. I think she'll be fine." Blake says.

"Just making sure." I shrug.

"I'm nervous. What if Sirius doesn't show up." Marlene worries.

"All brides think that." Marlene's cousin Grace says.

"Yeah but you don't know Sirius like we do." Lily says.

"Does anyone need a touch up after the picture?" Blake asks.

"We're good." I say.

The bridesmaids (Blake, Lily, Grace, and I) are wearing a short coral dress with gold accents and have gold heels. Our hair is down in a braid bun and our nails are painted mint green, gold, and coral. We are wearing a gold and coral branch necklace, coral and gold hoop earrings, and a gold and coral bracelet.

Marlene was wearing a flowy dress and baby blue flats. She has on a silver locket, and a silver bracelet. She has her nails painted mint green and coral. Her hair is in a bun with flowers lily and I put on.

"Can I hold my baby?" Marlene says once we're down and I go to give it to her but lily stops me.

"Although is adorable. You can't hold her and mess up all the hard work I've done. Besides Rosie has to go check on her brother and I'm sure seeing his daughter will calm his nerves." Lily says and ushers me and Izy out.

"Your aunt lily is pushy so you best do as your told when you're older or aunt Lily's hair might catch on fire." I say to a gurgling Izy.

I walk downstairs and knock on the door. "You decent?" I ask before walking in.

"Yeas." I hear and walk in.

I see the groomsmen James, Remus, Peter, and Alex but not my brother. They are all wearing black suits with a coral tie.

"There's the little princess." James says walking over.

"Say hey to your uncle James." I says and wave her little hand.

"Where is the groom?" I ask.

"Locked in his room. " Remus says.

"Not if I can help it." I say walk over to the door but it flies in and Sirius rushes out. "Where are you going. You aren't even dressed!"

"I can't do this. I have to get out of here. My motorbike is right outside. If I just-" I cut him off by slapping him.

"Pull yourself together. I know you're scared but you have a lovely girl out there waiting for you. And you love her too. Too much to leave her." I say. "Here" and hand over Izy.

"See her. That's what you and Marlene made. It's your life form know on. And you have to get married today to take care of both of them. I'm a clear. " I say.

"Yeah". Sirius says smiling down at Izy who has snuggled into her father's arms.

While Rosie and Sirius are talking
Remus.

"When are you going to tell her?" James asks walking over to me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say as I look at Rosie holding Izy.

"Yes you do when are you going to tell her?" He repeats.

"I don't know. I don't want to hurt her feelings." I say.

"You're hurting her by not telling her. " James argues.

"I know but I've been dropping hints. She just hasn't noticed"

"You have to straight out and tell her because she's in this fantasy like every other girl where she wants this future and if you can't do it you have to say something."

"I just don't know how. "

"What did you say to Sirius." James asks followed by silence. "You haven't told him!"

"I was thinking about it but Sirius has too much stress and I don't really think he's in the state of mind to answer."

"Whatever. Just do it soon before it all goes south." James says.

Rosie

"Alright you okay now?" I say taking Izy back.

"Yeah. I feel much better." Sirius replies.

"Good none go get changed you have twenty minutes. " I say.

"See ya soon boys." I say and walk up stairs.

"How is he. Is he freaking out?" Marlene asks as I walk in.

"But nervous but I just have him a reminder and it called him down." I say bouncing the baby.

"Guys it's time." Blake says and we walk down.

We all walk out one by one. Grace and Peter, then Alex and Blake, then I walked down holding Izy and meet Remus at middle. Then lily and James. Finally Marlene walked down with her dad. Sirius face light up when he saw her.

I can't wait until Remus and I tie the knot and  have are own family I think to myself. The ceremony flies and Izy didn't cry once.

At the reception I gave Izy to Marlene who finally got to hold her.

For the first dance they danced to I don't dance by lee Bryce. Sirius had Izy with her head laying on his shoulder while he and Marlene danced.

Time skip
Remus

The food was good, cake was good, everything was good. It was a good wedding. I thought ask I looked at Rosie who was dancing with Sirius. She looked like she was having the time of her life.

"Remus come dance." Rosie says and drags me onto the floor where a slow song is playing.

"Don't the look so happy." Rosie says looking at the happy couple and baby.

"Yeah."

"Just think in a couple of years that will be us. Of course I'd like to get married first but.." I know it's not polite but I tuned Rosie out after that I nodded and hmmmed here and there but I wasn't listening.

I felt someone stare at me and my eyes meet James who was dancing with lily. "Tell her." He mouthed and I just shrugged. I'd tell her soon just not yet.

Hey guys. So what do you think. What is remus hiding. Comment thoughts and feed back thanks for the support. Love yea.

Grace Marlene's cuz

Grace Marlene's cuz