Chapter Two

Chapter 2

                “Can you walk?”

                I swallowed the pain. “What do you mean? A mutant? You can fly!”

                “Well,” Sean said, “I can’t exactly fly. It’s more like I use sound waves to lift me using this special suit. I will explain on the way. Do you need me to carry you?”

                “Carry me?” I yelled. “Where are we going? You were making those sounds?”

                Sean sighed, and started examining my foot. He didn’t touch it, but spent a few minutes looking at it. The pain was coming back and the dots, but instead of them being white, they were black. I started to have to take deep breaths.

                “Sean!”

                “Yes, Breeze,” he replied.

                I couldn’t see him anymore. My vision was almost completely black. The pain was giving me an awful headache. I laid on the ground trying to breathe through the pain. There were only a few small areas that weren’t black.

                Sean grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me. “Breeze, stay with me.”

                Some of my vision came back. I saw his face looking at me. Worry, horror filled every corner. I took another painful breath.

                “I...” I tried to speak, but the words weren’t forming. The pain was getting worst. My vision was becoming black again. I felt like I was sinking into warm water. I wanted to fall in, but at the same time I wanted to stay with Sean.

                “Breeze, stay awake!”

                I felt my body leave the ground. That weird noise exploding in my ears causing pain in my head got worst, if that was possible.

                The darkness took over.

The darkness let go of me. I could tell I was laying on something. My left foot let weird, numb, and I couldn’t move it. The memory of the weird bird thing, and Sean saving me came back. If it was really that is. Was it a dream?

                I heard voices. They couldn’t be too far away from me.

                “Sean, you shouldn’t have brought her here,” said the first voice.

                “He’s right,” the second voice said.

                “I didn’t know where else to bring her,” I recognized Sean’s voice. “She was being captured by them. I thought here would be the safest place.”

                There was a silence.

                “What would they want with a human?” the second voice asked.

                The first voice replied: “That’s a good question. Sean, are you sure she is a human?”

                “She was very confused when we got to the ground. In fact her yelling questions at me, was probably what kept her awake for so long. When I said I was a mutant she looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language,” Sean said.

                “Logan,” the second voice said, “do you think you can tell Professor X? I need to check on her ankle more thoroughly. One of the shifter’s claws went through the bone.”