What a depressing thought.

Of course, I had tried befriending a few guys in class but they suggested doing things that were too obscene or glared at me until I had no choice but to turn around and accept maybe I'm just not made to befriend guys.

Jin is an exception since a majority of his friends are female too.

"Hey seven, did you like the book I gave you?"

I smiled at the class tomboy, Sharon, who had dared to cut her hair short like a boys and dye it a bleach blonde. Fortunately, the school was very open to her eccentric style and hasn't brought her up on it. Probably because she was known to always dye her hair back to its original color after a day. She had a strange habit, and that was only one of them.

"It was very informative, thank you." I chuckled, pulling a small black book from my shirt and sliding it over to her, "Tell your brother he has a very interesting mindset."

Sharon grinned widely, tucking the book gently into her handbag as if it were a prized possession.

"Right? I always tell him he could sell his books for millions but-" Sharon sighed, her excitement visibly dimming, "He says he isn't interested."

I opened my mouth to ask the identity of her brother but the teacher had entered and called the class to attention.

"Everyone! Listen up, I have something important to tell you...Jin, put the damned paper crane down and pay attention!"

Jin flushed and hid the cranes he had started folding. I glanced at his creations and saw he had prinely printed Ria's name onto the wing of the cranes. I swallowed my judgement reminding myself that Jin was a friend who was still experiencing love. Best not kill is ideals with my pessimistic views.

Mr Brawn, our calculus and physical ed teacher, cleared his throat. After clapping his beefy hands together, he announced a few shocking words.

"Today, we have physical examinations. If you'll kindly make your way to the recreation hall, please."

Silence fell over the entire room for a minute or two before it erupted into many heated exclamations.

"What?!"

"This...this is so sudden though!"

These were the words that swarmed the air, full of idignation and annoyance. And they kept building and building to become an almost buzz of irritation to my ears.

"BE QUIET!"

Mr brawn yelled angrily, his booming voice successfully cowering all the students back into their chairs.  His face was flushed and his eyes almost popped from his shiny, bald head. When he saw everyone was silent again, only then did he breathe out.

"You will go to the assembly hall and get your examinations done, do you hear?"

A sea of heads started bobbing.

**

Twice a year, the school would do a physical examination on the students. This examination was to determine the fitness and health of a student. If you fell below the average for your supposed height, then you would be giving pointers and offered help to achieving your healthy median.

To be honest, I was pumped to see my results. Even though Seven barely worked out, opting to run and do situps here and there - he had a rather toned body. It was full of muscle but there was some abs and length added in. No one would ever think this lean guy packed a big one.

In the recreation hall where the examination was held, girls and boys were separated by a long line of metal partitions. These partitions were solid and even if someome rammed into it, it'd probably remain standing.