Chapter 44: Girls Just Want To Have Fun & Boys Will Be Boys

Ryan's POV

I was looking forward to spending a drama free and rather relaxing day with the girls. Every day has been full of drama or excitement since I came home, but so far our night wasn't off to a good start.

"Anyone else freaked out that Walker is hanging out with Axel?" Taylor asked Sloane and I. She was speaking to us but her attention was on the rack in front of her.

We or should I say, Taylor, decided to kick off girls night with a 'quick' trip to the mall. That was quickly turning into a three-hour excursion. I hate shopping.

"Given the whole homecoming thing." She continued.

"They'll be fine. Axel won't do anything stupid. He knows that Ryan loves him. And that Walker was just a a stand in that night. Stand ins seem to be a theme around here." Sloane sighed.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked.

"Nothing." She narrowed her eyes at Taylor as our oblivious friend held up a cream laced tank top against my chest and looked at me expectantly. I rolled my eyes and draped it over my arm.

She wasn't acting like herself. Sloane looked pissed, and usually it took a lot to get her that way. But she seemed to be angry for no apparent reason right now.

"Here." Sloane draped a jean skirt over my arm.

One that I had been glancing at every five minutes.

"Oh my God, guys I found... the perfect dress!"  Taylor squealed, holding up a pinkish dress.

"I don't understand how you can keep doing this." Sloane all but shouted at Taylor. "Your going to end up hurting two people and yourself. I was willing to let it go because I thought it was just him. But it's not! Is it!"

"What the hell, Sloane?" I grabbed my cousin's arm and gestured to Taylor to follow us to the dressing rooms away from the other shoppers. She looked as confused as I was.

"What has gotten in to you? You never act like this unless someone does something really wrong."

Sloane sat down on a chair and shook her head.

"You're right. I don't know why I yelled like that. Well I do know why, but I don't know why it came out as an outburst. I'm just tired of people lying to each other and themselves."

"What are you talking about? What am I lying about, and who am I hurting?" Taylor asked.

"Come on, Taylor. You know you can't keep doing this." Sloane shook her head.

"Doing what?" I asked still confused.

"I swear I have no idea what she's talking about."

"Why are you with Foster?" Sloane asked.

"Because he's my boyfriend." She replied.

"Where are you going with this? I asked.

"No. What about him makes you want him to be."

Taylor shrugged and sat down on  the chair beside her.

"And don't start by telling us he's got. We all have seen him, we all know he is." Sloane said.

"She's right, we all have eyes." I agreed.

"He's nice, and makes me laugh. I do t understand why you want to know."

"Okay. I agree. He's nice and makes everyone laugh. Doesn't mean I want to be with him." Sloane continued. "How about you, Ryan? Do you want To date Foster?"

"No." I raised my brow.

"What about Luke? He's nice and makes everyone laugh. Maybe we should all date him. And he's hot too."