Chapter 39: Best Night Ever

Axel's POV

" Is it bigger than a breadbox?" I badgered Ryan as she was dragging me up the stairs.

"Depends on how you look at it, but I'd say yes." She answered pulling me down the hall.

I've been playing twenty questions since we left the restaurant. She still refused to tell me what she was up to.

"Is it cold or warm?" I stubbornly stopped in the hallway.

She tried pulling me, but her attempts were useless. My feet stayed planted.

"Warm.." She replied, rolling her eyes.

"And you are sure I will like this surprise?" I asked cocking an eyebrow.

She was driving me crazy not telling me. I was like a kid when it came to the anticipation of getting something.

"Fuck face, I hope so.." She bit her lip and looked over her shoulder.

"What is my little leprechaun up to?"  I asked following her towards my bedroom.

Ryan smiled entering the room. She didn't say another word before going into the bathroom and locking the door. I blew out a frustrated breath, stripped down to my boxer briefs and plopped down on the bed.

It seemed like I was staring at the ceiling for an hour before I heard the doorknob turn. I  glanced in her direction, doing a double take, I sat straight up when I saw her.

She was in nothing but her white lace thong and matching bra. My jaw went slack. Ryan gave me a sexy smile, the action made me stir.

"So our mouths will be involved..." I choked out when she glided over to the bed.

She knelt down on the edge of the mattress and crawled slowly to me. My eyes were glued on her. She continued her path up the mattress, stopping only when she was straddling me.

"Maybe, but not in the way you are thinking."

She held up something in her hand. I glanced at the object then back at her, for the second time in the last thirty seconds I did a double take. Was that...a condom?"

"Ryan.." I started. Was she serious? Was she ready? Why now? And what about her dad?!

"Yes.." She lifted my hand with her free one, and placed the foil packet on my palm." I'm ready." She bit her lip searching my eyes for understanding. I did the same, but for any reservations on her part.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, caressing her face with my empty hand. Her cheek flushed beautifully. She nodded.

"I've never been more sure." She looked at the object in my hand then back at me.

"Why now?" Shut up, Mathews. Just go for it.

"I was ready yesterday, and I think I was ready before that but didn't realize it. I told you I would let you know when I was. And I am. I love you, and you love me. I can't wait any longer, I don't want to wait anymore. I want to give you every part of me tonight."

My not so little friend stood at attention. Who was I to argue with her, or my appendage? Was this what she was getting at while at the party? Was she trying to let me know that she was ready?

"Come here.." I lightly brushed my lips to hers, no longer caring if her dad was in the guest house. I mean, it was far enough away, right?

Ryan changed angles and deepened the kiss. Her tongue slid against mine, her hands running through my hair, lightly tugging. Mine, roamed down her back, before resting on her hips. I pulled her closer, her chest pressed against mine. Her body shuddered in response.

Pulling away just enough to see her face, I slid her straps off her shoulders. She was beautiful. Ryan's body fit perfectly with my own. It always feels like we were made for each other, but tonight, right now, our skin touching, pleasantly scorched me from the outside in.

Ryan wrapped her arms around my neck, rolling her hips against me. If she kept kissing me like this and moving her hips like that, it was going to be over before it started. I didn't want that. I wanted it slow. For the first time in my life, I wanted to drag out every minute of what we were about to do.

____________________________________________________

Ryan's POV

I thought it would hurt. I was almost sure it would, even though that was a stupid thing to think. I mean I wasn't a virgin. I've given birth for God's sake. I knew the reason why I anticipated pain. I shook away the thought. I would not let 'him' taint something so amazing; something so right.

Lazy kisses rained over every inch of my face and down my neck to my collar bone, bringing me back to the moment. He had yet to withdraw himself from me. We both laid there elated. Propping himself on his elbows, Axel gently placed his lips on mine.

"Ryan... you're...beauti... you're the most amazing..."

I kissed his shoulder. The way he couldn't form one thought before trying to voice another was weirdly enough a turn on.

"Are you okay?" He looked worried when I didn't say anything.

Giving him a sleepy smile, I nodded and sighed. "I'm better than okay, being with you was perfect."

"It was. Only because you are perfect.." Axel kissed the end of my nose.

Reluctantly rolling off of me and discarding the used condom, he spoke. "I love making love to you...."

"Umm, let's hold off on calling it that for now.." I smiled.

"Why? That's what we did..." He pulled me to him, so my head nestled onto his chest. I drew lazy circles on his collarbone with my fingers.

"That may be, but hearing it called that makes me think of those sappy romance novels my grandma reads."

My statement makes him chuckle. The vibration rumbled in his chest. "Okay, we will hold off on calling it that. As long as you know that is what it was and that you are the only one I have done that with, and the only girl I ever want to do that with."

I grinned placing my lips on his chest. Maybe I was starting to like his sappy declarations. That was the exact right thing to say to me.

"Actually you're wrong. I don't think that there's a name for what we just did. It goes beyond anything I've ever dreamed of. "

"Now who's being sappy?" I could sense his smirk as he ran his hand through my hair.

"What are you doing to me? I'm turning into a sentimental sap."

"Just loving my little leprechaun." I felt his lips pressed against my forehead and linger there. "I love you, baby, now sleep"

I yawned, exhausted. "I love you too, Ass-hat." My eyelids felt like twenty-pound weights. Quickly, I fell into a peaceful sleep