Chapter 16 : Plastic Wrap and Feelings

Ryan's POV

"Did Foster give you the keys?" Taylor asked.

"They were in my locker after P.E," I confirmed. She still looked worried. "Don't worry, Ass-Hat just thinks he misplaced them."

       The homecoming game was in a couple of hours, and we had a lot to do in that amount of time. I eyed Axel's truck, thinking of the best way to execute the plan we had came up with yesterday.  Sloane explained her idea on the way to the grocery store to buy supplies. Taylor got cold feet, and my cousin had to all but drag her through the parking lot. I contacted Sam and Foster, bringing them into the fold. Although Foster didn't have a hands-on role, he was on Axel duty. He needed to keep Ass-hat in the dark and away from his truck.  Quade wanted to help, but he's stuck at practice with two people that made him miserable. I don't know how he did it; how he stayed on the team. I now felt lucky that I only had Bre annoy me.

       "I guess we can start at the top, work our way down..." I said on an exhale. We each grabbed three grocery bags that were full of nothing but saran wrap and set them down on the cement in front of the Silverado.  Sam unlocked the truck and I handed him my iPod that I had loaded a video on earlier. I wrote a quick note on a post-it and stuck it to the front. Sam set it on the dash.

       Sam and Taylor worked on everything Sloane and I couldn't reach...so, in other words, everything above the bottom of the doors.

       "Damn, you girls buy every role they had in stock?" Sam asked taping the starting end of a role to the top of the windshield. He slowly pulled it, wrapping the clear plastic along the top of the cab. He had to alternate standing on the tires and the bed of the truck to reach.  I briefly wondered if Sir Douche had such an extreme lift to make up for something else.

       "Something like that..." I shrugged. In reality, we had gone to two different stores to get enough. In my defense, they didn't carry much, to begin with.

       "I should go home and grab shaving cream..." Taylor suggested.

       "No!" Sloane and I yelled in unison

       "Jeez, it was just a suggestion. Thought it would be funny.." Taylor crossed her arms.

       "Shaving cream ruins the paint. I want to mess with Mathews, not scar his pretty truck. She did nothing to us." I  explained while wrapping the front driver's side tire

       "I will never understand your fascination with cars." Taylor shook her head in confusion.

       "It's in their blood.."  Sam reminded her.

Sloane, Quade and I spent a lot of hours helping the warden restore his 69' Chevy Chevelle SS. It's too bad that it doesn't leave the garage much. But it's his baby and I understand his need to overprotect. He loves it almost as much as he loves me. Maybe he does love the car more, he doesn't care if I go outside. I mulled this thought over, smiling to myself.

       A little less than an hour and a half later, we stood back and admired the fruits of our labor. Not only was the large truck totally encased in the plastic wrap, but we also incased it with two or three layers in some places.  A 'ding ', alerted Taylor that she had a text.

       "Okay we are good, Foster said that Ax thinks he lost his keys and they are at his house looking for the spares. " Taylor said, slipping the phone back into her pocket.

"Did your boyfriend remember to tell Melinda to hide the spare before they got there?" Sloane asked, crossing her arms. I elbowed her side when Taylor nodded.