21.

Liz's Pov:

I sighed. Dan and Phil were still gone. My will to keep going is empty. It bleed slowly out everyday that I grew more depressed until it was all gone. Leaving it empty. Leaving me with the escape route it had covered up the whole time. Death.

I knew I had to say goodbye before I commit suicide. I could never forgive myself if I didn't say goodbye, and I'm sure they wouldn't either.

I pulled out my phone as I walked outside and waited at the bus stop down the street. The bus came in about 5 minutes. Might not be enough time, but if it's not I can type on the bus.

 I need to go to the park. There a large bridge stands tall above a large body of deep murky water. The park is also never crowded so no one can see me die.

I start to type my goodbye.

Ava, I love you with all of my heart. I know we will never be together and I just needed you to now that before I go. Over the last few months, I got depressed. I felt so alone. I was sad most of the time. Not too long after, Sean started to bully me. Physically hurt me. I grew more afraid and even more depressed. I started not to smile anymore. I don't even remember what a smile felt like. I don't remember what it was like to be happy. I started to cut. It released some of the tension and I liked seeing that pretty red color flow down my skin. After awhile, it stopped working. I lost my will to live. Ava, I'm sorry. I just can't take it anymore. I can't do it. Before I go forever, I will at least get to see the place where we spent our most memorable moments. Thank you for everything Ava. I will always love you, but now I need to say goodbye. Please, move on without me and goodbye.

Dan, Phil. I need you to know that I wasn't ok. I lied because I didn't want you to see this part of me. You would disappointed to see how depressed and pained I was. I want you to know it's not your faults. It's not anyone's but mine. I need you two to know I loved you guys more than my real parents. We had the best of times together for a little while. But I'm broken now and I have lost my way. But a single path popped up. Since I am too weak to turn back. I'm taking it right now. I'm going to be with my biological parents again, and they want you to know they'll take care of me. Goodbye now, and forever.

You know I don't really use this number much, but I just thought you guys deserve to know. Hey Mark. Hey Jack. I had so much with you two whenever you visited. You made me laugh, most of the time. I'm pretty sure you guys noticed something was off with me. I just can't deal with it anymore. I'm depressed. But I was too weak to tell anyone before it was too late. I'm going to be straight forward with you guys, because I don't have much time. I'm going to kill myself. Suicide. And it may be too late to save me by the time you get this. I'm sorry, but I can't take it anymore so I have to say goodbye.

I pressed send and got off the bus. I started to walk to the park. I passed the playground and I passed our secret meeting place behind the trees and bushes. I stopped for a moment and looked at it. My eyes threatened to spill out tears and I headed to the brick bridge at the far end of the park. 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 Ava's Pov:

I heard my phone chime, telling me I had a message. I picked it up and read the awful message inscribed in the phone.

Ava, I love you with all of my heart. I know we will never be together and I just needed you to now that before I go. Over the last few months, I got depressed. I felt so alone. I was sad most of the time. Not too long after, Sean started to bully me. Physically hurt me. I grew more afraid and even more depressed. I started not to smile anymore. I don't even remember what a smile felt like. I don't remember what it was like to be happy. I started to cut. It released some of the tension and I liked seeing that pretty red color flow down my skin. After awhile, it stopped working. I lost my will to live. Ava, I'm sorry. I just can't take it anymore. I can't do it. Before I go forever, I will at least get to see the place where we spent our most memorable moments. Thank you for everything Ava. I will always love you, but now I need to say goodbye. Please, move on without me and goodbye

Tears started falling down my face as I threw open the door to the bedroom and flew down the stairs. I heard my dad yell at me, but I didn't care what he had to say. I was going to save Liz. I loved her, more than I thought was capable for my heart to handle.

I swung the front door open and dashed outside. I knew where Liz had gone. The park. That's where we spent our most memorable moments together. I ran through the busy streets, pushing past people.

At one point, I could see two tall men run on each side of me. I had a feeling I knew who they were.

We ran through another crowded street and I heard another pair of breathing other than myself, Dan and Phil. I didn't care at the moment. All that mattered was saving Liz from herself.

Eventually, we made it to the park. We slowed down. I scanned the area. Way far in the back of the park, near the bridge, was a figure. Liz. I used the last of my energy to sprint to her.

I was completely exhausted, but I had to keep going. I got closer and closer, but I watched as she made it to the middle of the bridge. I pushed myself to go faster, as I didn't have much time.

I made it to the bridge as Liz climbed onto the side of the bridge. I dashed up the bridge and grabbed her hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Liz's Pov:

I felt a hand grab mine. It was soft, yet cold and sweaty. Almost as if someone was running in the cold wind today.

"I love you."

My eyes started filling up with tears. I turned around. Ava. I also see two tall and two short figures running towards us in the distance. One had brown hair, one had black, one had red, and the last had green. Dan, Phil, Mark, and Jack. I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. The tears spilled out of my eyes, blurring my vision. I closed my eyes and held on tightly to Ava.

"Please, step down," a sweet voice said with a crack as he choked on tears.

"You have so much to live for," a deep voice said with a serious and sad tone, so smooth that it sounded like a sad song.

"I wish I could have done more to help you," an Irish voice rang.

I stepped down from the side of the bridge and wiped my eyes. All eyes on me. But the chocolaty brown eyes of Dan stood out to me. He looks...sad. He looks like he understands.

He also was the only one who stayed quiet. He didn't say a thing. Nothing. He just stood there.

As I noticed this, I got a hug from everyone. All at once.

Then Dan approached me.
"Can I look at your arms?"

I said nothing, but he pulled my sleeves back, revealing my old and new self-inflicted wounds. I heard everyone gasp, especially Phil. Poor Phil, I put him through so much.

But my question is: how did Dan know? The only thing I mentioned it in was my goodbye letter to Ava, and she was by my side the entire time so she couldn't have told him.

But right now, I have to focus on the conversation happening in front of me.

"Dan and Phil? Can I stay with you guys for awhile. I'm not sure it would be the best to go back to my house."
"That's fine," Phil answered.

We walked back to the house. I went to my room and laid down. I was exhausted. I felt someone lie down beside me. I turned to see Ava. I snuggled closer and fell asleep.

I hope you guys enjoyed! This is the last chapter. I am still going to be making the epilogue whenever I have time! Thank you for reading but I have to go. Bye!