18.

Hey guys. Sorry for the period of inactivity. I was SUPER busy. I had 3 projects all going on for school. It was discovery week and also had some outcomes and quizes. Plus marching band practice, the homecoming game where I had to play, and the concert i was just at. Also, I got the new phone so the keyboard is all weird. Lets get on with it shall we.

I am going to be meeting up with Ava after what seems like so long. What was so long. Hopefully, she can lift my spirit from the realm I have been put under. 

I sighed.  We were meeting in the place where we became a couple. In the spot behind the trees.

I arrived first, also feeling guilty. I couldn't help it. If she had known what I was doing before she texted me, she would flip.

I was so nervous. What were we anymore? Are we still together? Are we even still friends?

My thoughts were cut short when the leaves rustled and out came Ava. She was still as beautiful as ever, even more so now than ever before.

I stood there as she approached.
"Hi... I haven't seen you in awhile." Ava said awkwardly.
"Yeah." We stood there in awkward silence for awile.

"How have you been?"she asked.
"I'm getting by." I said unwilling to look her in the eye.
"Yeah... I guess it's not the same."
"What do you mean?" I ask turning my head towards her.
"It's not the same as it used to be. We were both happy, together. We used to have fun, but now. Now it has a sad, awkward feel. It's like the park we're in is dead, and so are we."
"W-what are you trying to say?"
"I don't know, but it's strange."
"I-i think I understand."
"You do?"
"Once we got split up, we aren't used to each other's presence."
"Yeah, that's kinda what I'm saying."

There was another awkward pause before anyone spoke again.
"I still can't stop thinking about you, I just want you to know that." Ava said.
"Me too, it's like you've invaded my thoughts."

Another pause before it happened. Ava leaned over and touched our lips together, creating a spark that I had forgotten existed. A tear ran down my cheek as she did.

"I missed that." She said as she pulled away.
"I missed us." I said as I gave her a hug."
"Me too." she smiled and as her smiles are contagious, I smiled too.

"I lo-" Ava started as we heard a shout. Someone grabbed Ava from behind.
"There you are you little shit! I can't believe you are here with a girl! I know what you are doing you fucking faggot!"

It was her dad. How could her dad say that to her?

Then, I saw it. SMACK! Her father slapped her and started to carry her away.
"AVA!" I called as I reached out to her.
" YOU WILL NEVER SEE HER AGAIN!" her father screamed.

That pushed me farther into the hole I had dug.

Sorry it was so short. I hope you guys understand. Hopefully next weekend I'll be back with better updates.