19.

Hey sorry guys, I really haven't been keeping up with you guys or this book which is kinda sad. I love writing this and seeing your reactions, but lately I've been too busy (and playing video games) to continue writing. Welp, lets get started then instead of listening to ramble.

Ava's Pov:

I was taken back to my dreary home of eternal darkness, where my father feeds on propaganda. I want to let tears slip and fall; I want them to soak every object around them. Yet, I can't. My father is around, dragging me back to the house to be exact. He pulled me away from the person I love before I could tell her that. He pulled me away when I could tell she needed it the most. He is cruel, a  monster even. He doesn't understand love because that person left long ago.

That person is my mother. She left when I was 7 and my dad was heartbroken. She said she loved him over and over again. She fed him sweet lies and he graciously took them, but when she left  those lies stabbed him in the heart, making it bleed. With a bleeding heart he could not survive, so it turned to stone with the help of alcohol. 

He swam in the alcohol for all eternity, continuing to do that to this day. But who knows how long it will be until he floats on top. And who knows if I'll be there to see it.

When he pushed me into the house, he screamed, "YOU STUPID GIRL!!!!! YOU DARE DEFY MY EXPECTATIONS!!! I TOLD YOU WHO IS IN CHARGE! NOT YOU!!" He pushed me to the ground. I landed on the hardwood as he swung his foot back. Before I could move, I felt a pain in my stomach. A fast kick to the stomach made me almost vomit.

My shoulder was throbbing from the push and my stomach churning with acid rising to the back of my throat. With all of my willpower, I kept it down, even if it did burn my throat. Just to make matters worse, my father had picked up an empty beer bottle from who knows where. They litter the house so it's not that hard to find one.

 He chucked the glass bottle at me, luckily he missed me but it landed right in front of me. When it collided with the ground, it smashed into many pieces, both big and small. The pieces whizzed past me from the amount of force put into the throw, and some sliced open some skin, a few on both arms and one on my cheek.

He then said, "Never ignore my requests again...and clean up this mess." He then walked away. I pushed my aching body off of the ground and felt the acid rise again. I rushed to the bathroom. I opened the toilet seat and released the acid along with my lack of dinner. I breathed heavily as I could feel the bruises start to form.

I held my aching body up as I dragged my feet back downstairs. I grabbed a broom and a dustpan. I swept up the remains of the broken beer bottle that was thrown at me. I remembered when he did that before, when Liz had been here. I was hurt and so was Liz, yet she decided to help me first. That was also when we kissed for the first time.

I finished cleaning up the broken glass and went to my room. I sat there and thought about Liz. Her kiss...it was so timid, so shy, yet powerful and loving. I touched my lips softly, my lips tingled remembering the feeling of her soft lips against mine. How I miss that kiss.

I hope you guys enjoyed this update. And I realized, Dan and Phil haven't been talked about in awhile, maybe a few mentions of their name here and there but other than that, nothing. I just want you guys to know they are going to be extremely important in the last few chapters. And hey! I used a different point of view this chapter! Well, mostly because it was important(kinda).  Still, I hope you enjoyed and I'm going to bed, I'm tired. *YAWN* Goodnight!