Chapter 16

Skylynn fell asleep next to Hayes when the movie was over

Skylynn fell asleep next to Hayes when the movie was over. "Ill take her up to her room" he said and carried her up stairs. I took the plates and started to wash them. Soon Hayes came behind me, "she out like a rock. Shes even snoring a little" Hayes said.
"makes sense. She must be very tired from running around. I know I am" I said
"you two sure had quite a sugar rush" I smiled and shook my head "yeah" I said. I finished the dishes and turned around. Wow Hayes and I were really close. I had to look up at him. I was so short compared to him. Well compared to anyone, I was only a little less than 5'4.
Thanks for today" I sorta whispered. Its was so quiet I felt like the neighbors could hear us. "Sorry you couldn't't go to your party"
"its cool. Like I said, I didn't really want to go anyway. I had fun today" he said looking down at me. I smiled, "yeah me too." There was a bit of silence between us. "uh so, ima go clean up the fort" I said.
"ill help you" Hayes said.
While we cleaned up the fort we somehow ended up having another pillow fight, except this one was more aggressive. Hayes swung his pillow and some how managed to knock over my phone which was sitting on the center table and made it fly across the room and land on the hard wooden floor. "Shit" Hayes said. "My phone" I said and walked over to my phone. I landed face down. Please don't be cracked please don't be cracked, I prayed. I turned it over, it was twice as cracked now.
I sighed. "fuck. I'm so sorry" Hayes said behind me.
"don't worry about it" I sighed.
"ill get it fixed. Hayes don't worry about. its fine, ill get it fixed with my own money"
"I'm so sorry" he said looking at me. I placed my phone on the counter, "lets finish cleaning and go to bed" I said.
****
The next morning Sky and I had breakfast in the living room, Hayes was still asleep even though it was like 10am. We were eating cereal while watching 'Sponge Bob'. After that I cleaned up the living room. I vacuumed and dusted. It was when I was cleaning the couch when I found this between the cushions along with a Nike sock and a Barbie doll. It was an invitation to Hayes' 16 birthday party in June. As I read the text, it said that only people 18 and older were allowed in with a photo ID and you weren't allowed to take photos or videos while inside the venue, plus you had to sign some sort of agreement to attend. What the hell? You have to be older than 18 to go to a 16 year old's birthday party? And no one was allowed to take photos? What the hell were they doing? I set the invitation aside and finished cleaning.
Sky and I were sitting at the kitchen table painting when her parents walked in. They paid me $250 for babysitting that weekend. Its twice as much as I had expected.
I got home, said hello to Uncle Rob and went directly to bed. I was so tired and worn out, I think I deserve a long nap.
I woke up at 6pm and decided to take a shower. When I was done I put on something comfortable. I put on a pair of black leggings and a t-shirt from my volley team that said 'San Diego Varsity Volleyball' and put my hair into a messy ponytail and put on my glasses. I went into my room and realized I didn't have my phone. I felt like I was having a small heart attack. I looked on the bed, in my dirty clothes and in the kitchen. "Well good morning to you too" Uncle Robert said laughing.
"Good morning Bert" I said looking around.
"what did you lose?"
"my phone I cant find it anywhere"
"calm down. Its probably at the Floyd's house" he said calmly. Oh yeah.
"That's right" I said, "ill be right back" I told him.
"Danielle, don't you need some shoes?" I looked down at my feet and saw that I was wearing only socks. I looked up at my uncle, "your right" and put on my white converse.
I walked over to the Floyd's house. I could hear really loud music coming from the house. It sounded like they were having a party. I knocked on the door a couple of times. They obviously couldn't hear my knock over the loud rap music blasting. Its took a while but someone finally opened the door. I meet a pair of blue eyes im sure I've seen before. "Nash?" I asked surprised. What was he doing here? "oh hey! I remember you! Your Sky's babysitter Danielle. We met over face time"
"yup that's me. Umm how....uh" I said confused. I didn't know how to tell him how he was here. But I guess he knew what I was wondering.
"oh I came here to surprise my mom and Sky. They had no idea I'm here. Well they still don't, they went out with Sky before I got here." They wont be back until tomorrow. Hayes was the only one home when I got here."
"oh I see" was all I said.
"please come in" he said and opened the door.
"oh I'm just here to pick up my phone. I left it here yesterday" I said walking into the crowed house.
"oh yeah I think it saw it. Its on the kitchen counter" he said pointing to the kitchen. I nodded and made my way to the kitchen. The music was blasting in my ears, there were girls with so little clothing everywhere. I found my phone laying there on the counter where I had left it last night. As I turned around I saw Hayes sitting on a chair with a girl on his lap. She had her back to me all i saw was her long black hair and Hayes' arm around her. I don't know who that girl is nor do I care. I turned my head grabbed my phone and walked out. I don't even think Hayes noticed i was there.
"yo Danielle!" Tez yelled putting his arm around me and holding a beer in his other hand, "You came to my welcome back party!"
"I just came for my phone Tez I'm leaving" I said and pushed his arm off me.
"wait aren't you going to stay" I heard Nash say behind me as I opened the door.
"No I have to go home" I said without looking back or at Nash and walked out.
I felt my heart sink. I don't know why but I had this feeling inside of me that I couldn't explain, it just hurt.I felt sad yet angry at the same time No stop. I cant feel like this, why do I even feel like this? why did this hurt? I closed my eyes tightly to try to contain my feelings. I walked back to Uncle Roberts house.
"did you find it Danny?" He asked as I walked in to the house. He was on the couch reading a newspaper.
"yeah" I said closing the door behind me.
"what do you want for dinner? or should I say dinner/breakfast since you just woke up" he said laughing.
"I'm not hungry" I said and started to walk up the stairs.
"you sure?" he said looking up from his newspaper sounding concerned.
"yeah, I'm sure. Ill eat later" I said and walked up to my room and closed the door behind me before he could ask anymore questions.
I placed my phone on the nightstand and plopped myself on my bed.
I don't know how or why I have this feeling inside of me. I couldn't describe it. It felt like disappointment. I felt like crying. 'No stop it Danielle. You can't cry. You wont cry.' I thought to myself. 'your nothing more than just his little sisters babysitter.' Hayes Grier is nothing but a big disappointed.
After a few hours passed I heard a knock at my door. "Danielle its me" My uncle said from the other side of the door. I stood up and I felt my cheek wet. I don't remember crying. I opened the door. "i got you some Taco Bell. You haven't eaten anything all day" I smiled at my uncle. "Thanks but I'm not that hungry" I said shacking my head.
"Ok then ill leave it here with you. You can eat it when you feel hungry" he said softly with a kind smile. "thanks Bert" I said and closed the door once he left. I realized I was a bit hungry so I ate and watched 'Pretty Little Liars' on Netflix.