chapter 15

*5 days later*This passed week I have been babysitting Skylynn everyday from 1pm-4pm while her mom and dad work

*5 days later*
This passed week I have been babysitting Skylynn everyday from 1pm-4pm while her mom and dad work. I haven't seen much of Hayes while I babysit her, he's been out filming for his show and doing who knows what. The few times I do see him is when he leaves the house when I'm just arriving, or when he gets back when I'm about to leave. Today is Saturday and Elizabeth and Johnnie are going on a short business trip together to New York for the weekend and asked me to babysit Sky part of Saturday and all day Sunday, meaning I would have to sleep in the guest room. I accepted their offer but I felt a little weird. I would be sleeping under the same roof as Hayes. 
I got my little duffle bag ready with everything I would need, which wasn't really much. I had the basics down, a change of clothes, socks and the basic toiletries. I was expected to be at the floyds' house at 8pm, 2 hours before their flight.
I got there and they greeted me, showed me the guest room and gave me a few intrustions. They said they would be back by Monday morning and that since it would be the 4Th of July tomorrow I could take Sky to the fair if I would like. They left $150 for expenses and said a long goodbye to Skylynn. She had already had dinner so I played with her a bit. She was a little sad that her parents were going away. I noticed that Hayes wasn't home yet, Sky said the crew was filming him while he dirt biked with some friends. The camera crew has been following Hayes around where ever he goes these days. Skylynn and I had a fun night. We played a little and then we watched TV. Around 10pm she was starting go get sleepy. Once she had on her pajamas she went to her room and said, "Danielle, can you read me a bed time story?" I smiled and said, "of course. what would you like me to read?" She picked out a book.
I was about to finish reading the story when I realized Sky was fast asleep. I smiled and walked out of her room trying to be as quite as I could be backing away. The hallway was dark, I couldn't see anything because the lights were turned off. I put my hand on the wall trying to find a light switch. The lights suddenly turned on, but I wasn't the one who found the switch. All of a sudden as the lights turned on I say Hayes right there a few feet from me. We both let out a yell. "What the fuck!" Hayes said
"Holy shit you scared me!" I said putting my hand on my heart.
"No kidding. I wasn't expecting anyone to be home. What are you doing here?" he asked in a loud voice.
"Shh! I just put Skylynn to bed, Don't wake her up" I whispered, "I'm here to babysit her, why else would I be here?"
"Oh right, true that" he said, "so uh, are you like going to sleep here?" he asked. Why did this feel more awkward that it needed to be?
"Yeah. I'm staying in the guest room" I said pointing to my door, "im here until Monday when Elizabeth and Johnie are back"
"cool" Hayes said.
"So uh, I'm going to bed now. Its kinda late" I said
"Oh yeah, me too" Hayes said. Neither of us moved though.
"Well yeah OK" I said starting to turn around.
"Good night" Hayes said
"Night" I said and walked into me room.
"Danielle wake up!" Skylynn said jumping on my bed. I groaned, "Sky"
"cmon Danielle wake up!" Then it had just come to my brain that I was taking care of a 7 year old girl who's parents went away for the weekend. I sat up quickly, "what time is it?" I asked worried that I overslept.
"7:53am" Sky said smiling.
"What? Sky its so early? Don't you wan to sleep a little longer?"
"no. I'm too excited to go back to sleep. Lets do something Danielle" she said pulling my arm.
"OK lets have breakfast first" I said getting up. I went to the bathroom to do my business and brush my teeth and headed down stairs.
"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked
"Ice cream!"
"what? No" I said laughing, "do you want some oatmeal?" She shook her head no, "i want ice cream"
"Sky you can have ice cream later. Its too early for ice cream its only like 8:15 am" I said looking at the clock in the kitchen, "real breakfast"
"Pancakes!" Sky said happily
"OK pancakes it is. Do you want eggs and bacon too?"
"Yessss!" Sky said.
"Ok lets get to work, do you want to help me?" I said smiling. She nodded and put on a little apron. Shes so cute.
We played some music as we started to look for the ingredients.
As we were sturring the pancake batter. Hayes showed up in the kitchen in gray sweatpants. And by that I mean only gray sweatpants. I had totally forgotten about him being in the house. It was so early in the morning my brain cells weren't even awake yet. I just stood there looking at his messy bed hair and suddenly remember, 'holy shit, I'm in pajamas and most likely have messy bed hair too.'
"Good morning Sky. Good morning Danielle" he said in a husky deep sleepy voice. I got shivers when he said my name.
"Hayes what are you doing up so early? You always wake up after breakfast" Skylynn said, "sometimes after lunch"
"Well you too are making so much noise I couldn't sleep any longer"
"I'm sorry" I managed to some how say.
"Its cool," he said scratching his head, "sweet are you girls making pancakes?" Sky nodded, "if you want some your going to have to help" she said. I snorted a laugh, "Sky unless you want burnt pancakes, eggs and bacon, I think Hayes should stay out of the kitchen" Sky and I smiled and highfived eachother while looking at Hayes.
"I am an amazing cook" Hayes said looking at me smiling, "I'm like the king of flipping pancakes and I make some bomb ass bacon"
"We'll see about that" I said..
We all started to cook. May I add that Hayes was still in only sweats? While Skylynn mixed the pancake batter, I cracked the eggs and Hayes cooked the bacon. We were joking around, teasing each other and laughing the whole time. Hayes ended up messing up the pancakes as he flipped them, messing up their round shape. We finally got our breakfast meal done. We sat down and ate. It was so delicious! We topped our pancakes with whipped cream, strawberry syrup, and chocolate syrup.
Once we finished eating and cleaning the kitchen I changed and Hayes finally put on a shirt. He was wearing a red hat, a black t shirt, shorts and his gray Nike shoes. I like Hayes layed back look. To be honest im not a fan of the camo gear up he wears and the Jordan shoes. Sky had changed into a cute t shirt, shorts and a pair of cowgirl boots.
"I'm bored"
"me too" I said.
"Can we go to the fair?" Sky asked
"Yeah lets go to the fair" Hayes said, "ill take you guys"
"Don't you have some party or something to do?" I said to Hayes
"How did you know about the party?" Hayes said confused.
"I just assumed. I mean it is the forth of July and knowing you, well you probably have better things to do then hang out with your little sister and her babysitter at the fair" I said.
"well Tez doesn't come back until tomorrow and Luke is with family. Without them the party isn't the same. Plus I would love to hang out with you two" he said putting his arm around me and Sky. "Yay!" Sky said hugging Hayes, "lets go!"
Hayes grabbed his keys and wallet and I grabbed the money Elizabeth left behind. We got into the car and rap music started blasting. He quickly turned it down, "sorry about that" he said. "can we listen to my type of music?" Sky said in the back. Hayes nodded and changed the radio station, "Don't let me down" By The Chain Smokers started playing. The fair was being held in Charlotte so we had a 30 minute drive. Wheb ever Sky and I liked a song we would dance and sing to the lyrics. Sometimes Hayes would just laugh at us, sometimes he would join us.
We got to the fair and there was a lot of people. "I want a funnel cake" Sky said. "oh yes lets go get funnel cakes!" I said excitedly.
"you sure you guys don't want to go on rides first and then get food? You might throw up" Hayes said. Both Sky and I lost our smiles, "oh yeah Hayes is right" I said. I really wanted a funnel cake but I didn't want to puke on a ride. "We can get some after though" he said. our smiles returned "ok" Sky and I said. Hayes laughed, "its like I'm babysitting two little girls" I punched him the arm. "Ow?" Hayes said, "was that supposed to hurt?" I rolled my eyes, "lets see how strong your ride game is" I said. "oh its strong" Hayes said. We went on rides that Sky could go on like the Yoyo, the tilt a whirl and the Ferris wheel. While we were walking around we came across a stand with big stuffed animals. "can we play here?" Sky asked. Hayes paid for us and the man gave us each 3 baseballs to knock over the pins. Skylynn failed, I only knocked 2 out of the 5 pins and Hayes knocked them all expect 1. We laughed at our failier but Hayes said, "hold up I want to try again" giving the man another $5 bill in exchange for another 3 balls.  This time he knocked over all the pins with one try. "OOOOOHHHHH!!!!" Hayes yelled out, "Yay!!!!" Sky yelled. I just stood there laughing at their excitement. The man said, "what animal go you want?" he said pointing to the stuffed animals. "Sky which one do you want?"
"The horse!!!" she said pointing to the brown stuffed horse. Was it even a question. The man brought down the medium sized horse and gave it to Sky, "you still have 2 try's and you can get another prize"
"Cool" Hayes nodded and smiled. The man set up the pins again and Hayes threw the ball. He missed 2 pins. "ok I got this" he said breathing and concentration. He was really focused right now. He exhaled and threw the ball knocking down the 2 pins. He smiled proudly. "ok what other animal do you want" he said to Hayes. Hayes turned and looked at me, "which one do you want?" I felt my heart race. "Uhh," I said looking at the animals, "the penguin" I said. It was so cute. He man gave Hayes the penguin and Hayes gave it to me. Hayes just have me a stuffed animal he won. I blushed., "Thanks Hayes" I said
. "Thanks Hayes" Sky said hugging Hayes. "no problem. Any thing for my girls" he said hugging her. Hayes looked at my penguin and laughed a little, "what?" I asked.
"Nothing. Its just that girls usually choose a bear or something. A penguin is kinda random"
"I know. But I like penguins. Look at it, its so cute" I said showing him my penguin.
"its kinda looks like you" Hayes said. I looked at Hayes. Did he just say I look like a penguin, or did he low key call me cute?
"I gotta go to the bathroom" he said quickly. We headed to the bathrooms and Sky and I waited outside.
"he liiiiikes you" Sky said once he was inside. I had to laugh at that, "no Sky. I think we are just friends"
"then why did he give you that? Boys only give those things to their girlfriends or girls they like"
"He gave you one too Sky"
"but I'm his sister. You're not. I think he likes you and you like him"
"oh really what makes you say that?" I said smiling
"I see the way you two look at each other"
"Sky I really doubt your brother likes me" I said
"Do you like him?"
"Do you like who?" Hayes said behind me. Shit, Sky this all your fault.
"OH Sky was asking me if I liked her horse. She called him Richard." I said super quick. Skylynn looked at me trying really hard not to laugh, "yeah so do you like him?" she asked. Were we still talking about Hayes or the horse? "what do you think I should call mine?" I asked Sky trying to low key change the subject.I didn't want to say yes and her think I like