Chapter 8

I closed the door behind me realizing I didn't say goodbye to Hayes

Well he was on his phone he might have not even noticed I was gone, or maybe he didn't care. Whatever, I thought and walked away.
I walked into my uncles house and saw Uncle Robert on the couch in the living room watching TV.
"Hey Danny, how was your day?" He asked once he heard that i had walked in.
"It was good. Skylynn is sweet and funny" I said.
"I'm glad. Are you gong to work tomorrow?"
"no I don't think so" I said sitting down next to him. He turned and looked at me.
"What happened to you" He said laughing looking at my clothes covered in sticky food.
"Nothing, I just made Skylynn a sundae" I said smiling
"Oh good. Tomorrow I had planned at you and me can hang out at the stables a little while I give lessons and after that I would show you around the city." He said.
"that's sounds like fun" I said smiling at my uncle.
"what do you want for dinner? Chinese food, pizza, burgers, you name it." He said picking up the house phone to call delivery.
"uh, I'm in the mood for some KFC today" I said
"OK KFC it is"
After dinner I went upstairs to shower and change. These stairs are honestly staring to tire me out. I live in a one floor house with 3 bedrooms. I don't know how people that live in a house with stairs can live, I honestly feel my leg muscles getting sore, or maybe im just that lazy.
I sat down in my bed and took out the book I was currently reading, 'The 5Th Wave'. For some reason I couldnt concentrate, I kept replaying the time when Hayes, Sky and I were running around the kitchen throwing food at eachother. I remembered the sound of his laugh and how his crystal blue eyes looked into my lame brown eyes thinking, not even Jared's eyes can be compared with his. Remembering all that made me involuntary smile. Stop it Danielle, I thought to myself. You literally just met this guy and you barley had a conversation. He probably doesn't even consider you as a friend let alone like you. I'm not the type of girl to fall head over heels for a guy, especially one ive just met. I stood up and looked at myself in the full length mirror against the back of the door.
Plus, if you weren't babysitting Sky, he wouldn't even have looked at me twice if he saw me on the street. He had it all, a nice face, a nice body, he was famous and rich. He could have any girl in the world, but he would never choose me, I thought to myself. I'm just an ordinary girl from California with boring brown eyes and brown hair and glasses. So get over yourself, I thought to myself. I sighed and looked out the big window in my room. Wow the stars in North Carolina are much brighter than the ones back at home. The sky was so beautiful and full of stars. I don't think ive seen so many stars in my whole life.
Hayes POV
I was laying in bed in my room with both my hands behind my neck. I kept thinking about Danielle but why? I kept replaying our little scene in the kitchen. I like the way she gets along with Sky so well, she has become like a sister to her. I like the way she wasn't afraid to eat infront of me or cared what she eat. She didn't care how many calories where in that sundae, she put in whatever she wanted because she wanted to. She didn't even think twice before spraying whip cream in her mouth or putting sour gummy worms with chocolate fudge in her bowl. She didn't freak out that her clothes were all dirty or that her hair was messed up. I had the image of her smiling stuck in my head.
I thought about what I told Nash, 'she isn't my type'. Well she wasn't at all like the other girls ive gotten with. she was different. She seemed like a good girl even though she had some attitude. To be honest I have no idea why I'm thinking about her. maybe it was because she didn't know who I was nor did she care, or that shes probably the most normal girl I have talked to in years that doesn't scream and cry in my face. I don't get why she doesn't like my vines or me. Everyone liked me and my vines.
Zan got off his bed and jumped into mine. He started licking my face making me remember the way he knocked over Danielle when he say her. "you cant stop thinking about her too huh boy" I said scratching him behind his ears. He made a little howling noise, I guess that's a yes.
  I turned and looked out the window. Wow the sky was full of starts tonight, they were so bright tonight.