Chapter 5

I knocked on the door and Elizabeth opened immediately. "oh thank god your here. I'm in a bit of a hurry. I have a meeting to attend. Come in please" I walked in and saw Skylynn on the living room floor playing with a stuffed horse. " Yay Danielle is here!" She said putting down her horse and run towards me. Wow I barely met this kid yesterday and she already is excited to see me. "hi Sky" I said putting myself to her height, "ready to have some fun?" I said smiling at her wiggling my eyebrow making her giggle.
"Ok I wont be back until 5 and Skylynns father wont be home until next week, he is gone on a business trip, the only person home would be Hayes if he shows up" She said grabbing her purse, "you have my number, feel free to make and eat anything that you find in the kitchen but don't let Skylynn have too much candy before dinner. I will see you girls soon okay?" She said giving Sky a kiss on the forehead. "don't worry, I got it covered" I said standing up. "Thank you Danielle. Ok see you soon bye!" and she walked out the door.
"ok what do you want to do first?" I asked Skylynn. "lets play with dress up!" she said holding my hand and taking me to her room. "What happened to you?" she asked pointing to the large bandaid I had put on my elbow when I got to Uncle Roberts house. "Someone crashed into me in the street and I fell"
"oh that isn't very nice" she said looking at my elbow, "did it hurt?"
"I know but I guess it was an accident and no not really" Skylynn looked at me like she didn't belive me with her hands on her hips, "ok fine it hurt a little" I said.
Skylynn and I played dress up for an hour when she said, "I'm hungry"
"OK. Lets change out of our princess outfit and lets go see what to make for lunch" I said. "okay!" Sky said. After we changed I went to the kitchen to see what to make Sky. "what do you want to eat Skylynn?" I asked her looking through the food cabinates. "umm" she said making her I am Thinking face. "Macaroni and cheese!" she said. "Okay that sounds good" I grabbed at box of Craft Mac & Cheese and started to 'cook'.
"ok here is your macaroni Sky" I said handing her the plate , "careful, its still a little hot. As she blowed on her plate and I was about to sit down, I heard a knock on the door. What do I do?, I thought. Do I open it, Mrs.Floyd didn't say anything about opening the door. I got up and decided to open the door.
I opended the door and infront of me stood the same teenage boy who practically ran me over with his skateboard. "What are you doing here?" We said at the exact same time. "i kinda live here, whats your excuse." he said to me. I was about to answer when Skylynn came running out of the kitchen. "Hayes!" She said screaming and hugging the boy who I guess was her brother. "Hey Sky!" He said hugging her.
 All of a sudden a black dog came inside the house and jumped on top of me making me fall for a second time today. The dog was really friendly, he started licking my face. I held on to my glasses covering them to make sure he didn't get slim all over them.  "Zan!" Skylnn said jumping out of her brothers arms and hugging the dog. The dog turned his attention towards Sky letting me get up on my feet.
"Who is this?" he asked Sky. Sky let go of the dog and hugged my waist. "This is my new best friend Danielle" She said.
Hayes raised his eyebrow, "shouldn't you be hanging out with kids your own age?" he said looking at me. I rolled my eyes, "I'm her new babysitter" I said annoyed. I didn't know why, but this kid bugged me, there was just something about him."oh I see" he said pushing past me into the house. "Sky go finish your macaroni " I said to her. With that she ran back to the kitchen and I followed her. The boy who I now know is Hayes followed us. "damn macaroni sweet." He said sitting down where I was sitting infront of my own plate of macaroni . "i am Skylynns babysitter, not yours. You can serve your own plate. There is some in that pot over by the stove" I said pointing to the stove. "fine" he said and under his breath he said, "jesus" Soon all three of us were sitting at the table eating mararoni. Sky and Hayes were having a conversation of thier own, I just stayed quiet and ate my macaroni. Zan the dog was laying on the ground right next to me.  "ive never seen you around here before Danielle" Hayes said to me from across the table. "did you just move here or something?"
"no, I'm visting my uncle for the summer. I live in San Diego" I took the last bite of maracroni left on my plate. "I'm done" Sky said. "thank you"
"your welcome Sky" I said. getting up to put both our plates in the sink and started washing them. As I got up Hayes saw my elbow. "is your elbow ok?" he asked me but Skylynn answered "some jerk ran her over while she was walking on the street and gave her that really bad scrath. She said it hurt a lot right Danny?" Sky said in a sassy voice. Hayes widen his eyes. "That's not what I said sky" I said to her. "but thats what you meant" Sky said. I smiled at her, "go play. I will do the dishes." She ran off to play with Zan.
"a jerk ran you over huh?" Hayes said putting his plate in the sink.
"i didn't say that. I said someone crashed into me." I said staring to wash the dishes.
"i really am sorry about that" he said standing next to me "its fine" I said not looking up at him.
"you have no idea who I am do you?" he said. "i do now. Your Skylynns older brother. And Nash Griers younger brother." I said "what am I supposed to worship you because your brother is apparently'bigger than Bieber'?"
"no" he said looking a bit shocked, "I'm also vine famous" he said smiling. I finished washing the plates and looked at him, "i wouldn't know, I never downloaded vine" I said. His face looked even more shocked. "you've never downloaded vine!?"
"umm no. I have better things to do than watch dumb 6 second videos. The only reason I have heard of your brother is by the girls in middle school who kept saying, 'you gotta bae or nah', or 'zayum bae' over and over again and instead of saying 'no' they would replace it with 'or nah'. Ive only heard on Cameron Dallas and Nash Grier but ive never actually seen any of their videos. I just happened to know what they look like because they were on the news once. That's it"  Hayes was speechless and his expretion was in disbelief. "you have no social media? What do you do with your life"
"i don't live under a rock, of course but only Instagram and snapchat. and like I said, I have better things to do like school, work, volleyball and take care of my 4 year old sister"
"so you've never heard of me hayes grier, or Shawn mendes, jack & jack, Aaron carpenter, Daniel Skye, Taylor Caniff, Carter Reynolds, Matt Espoinosa, Brent Rivera or any of us?" He asked.
"no. But I know who Shawn Mendes is, everyone knows who he is. His song 'Stitches' is over played on the radio. He is one of you?" I asked
"Wow." Was all he said.
"Danielle come play with me!" Skylynn said coming into the kitchen. I walked away from Hayes and walked over to Sky. "ok what do you want to do?"
"Can you braid my hair?" She asked
"ok lets sit in the living room and I can braid your hair while you watch TV. Does that sound good?" Sky nodded her head and pulled me to the living room. I turned on the TV, "what do you want to watch?" I asked her. "umm I dont know" she said thinking. Then Hayes walked in and said, "lets watch my vines on the TV"
"yeah!" Skylynn said sitting on my lap. "what?" I said. "i will show you what you have been missing." he said connecting the Bluetooth to his from from the TV. "what kind of braid do you want Sky?" I said combing her hair. "A French braid" she said. 
Hayes sat next to me on the couch with Zan on his lap and played the vines on the TV
7 mintues into the video Sky showed up, "that me!"
"you guys get famous and paid for this? All you are doing is making fun of girls other people and yourselves ." I said
"they are meant to make people laugh" Hayes said.
"you do realized that when people laugh at this they are laughing at you not with you?"
We kept watching and I laughed a little at the one where one of the boys burbs in anothers face and says 'mmm smells good'
"see" Hayes said. I playfully rolled my eyes, "Sky pass me your hair tie" I said. She handed it to me and I tied the braid. Hayes looked at the braid, "wow its really good"
"i want to see" Skylynn said. Hayes took a picture of her braid and  then showed it to her, "its perfect! Thanks Danny" she said giving me a hug. She climbed off my lap, "do you want to play outside in the backyard?
"yeah lets go" I said getting up. "i think ive had enough vines for today" I said. We headed outside and Zan followed us leaving Hayes all alone in the living room.