Chapter 1

"But mom-" I whined to my mother who was being unreasonable"No buts, you will do as I say" She said flatly"Dad?"I said turning to my dad for help"your mother and I made this decision together Danielle" he said, "you will go visit you Uncle Robert ...

"No buts, you will do as I say" She said flatly
"Dad?"I said turning to my dad for help
"your mother and I made this decision together Danielle" he said, "you will go visit you Uncle Robert for the rest of the summer in North Carolina" I groaned. Don't take any of this the wrong way. I love my Uncle Robert, he was funny sweet and adventurous.My favorite uncle actually. The thing was that I didn't want to leave California to go to Mooresville North Carolina for a month.
"how am I supposed to earn money to get a car now! I cant just tell my boss I will be leaving for a month! I already told him I would be available all summer" I said looking at my parents.
"The reason we are sending you to visit your uncle Robert is because he hasn't seen you in almost 2 years-"
"if he wants to see me why doesn't he come here instead ?" I interrupted
"Because he cant travel at the moment sweetie" my dad said
"He invited all of us to go visit him but since Carter is at Camp, we are really busy with work and we havent even gotten Isabella her passport yet its only you" my mom said toning down her voice. "You have been working so hard this school year Danny." my mom said sitting on my bed next to me. "You manage to get exceptional grades while being on the Varsity volleyball team and working part time to save up for that car you want. You deserve a break" I rolled my eyes, my parents think my grades are super good because Carter never brought home anything higher than a C-. My grades at usually Bs.
"your mother right Danny" my dad said sitting next to me too. "think of this as a little vacation. No school, No tournaments, no worries no busy city and no work." he said putting his hand on my shoulder.
"but I need to work" I said looking back and forth at them, "I still need about 2 thousand dollars to have enough for a descent car. I've been saving up since I turned 15 and now I have my license, next year I will start my junior year of high school and I will need this car. You know it is my goal to buy a car before Junior year starts" I said. I saw my mom give my dad a look. Some how my parents can like use telepathy or something. They have conversations in their heads and stuff its really creepy. I've asked my mom how they do it and she says it comes from years of marriage .
"That's is why we have been thinking" my mom said to my dad, "that you could get a small part time job in North Carolina " my dad finished.
"really, no way!" I said.
"don't get too excited. we have conditions" my dad continued, "since you are going there to have fun and spend time with your uncle, we will allow you to get a job while he is working and since we know that you wouldnt last a day working for your uncle in his horse stable, you can get any job you want that doesn't take too much work"
"That's means you wont worry every hour of everyday" my mom added in. It was better than nothing, at least I wouldn't be wasting time not earning any money. I nodded my head.
"deal?" my parent said a the same time, "deal" I said.
"now start packing your bags. Your flight to Mooresville  North Carolina is June 18" my mom said
"woah, wait. I'm leaving in 5 days! I need sometime to figure out how to tell my boss I will be taking a one month vacation" I said.
"I'm sure they wont have trouble replacing you at the restaurant Danielle. There are plenty of other waitresses" my dad said.
"now get a good nights sleep" my mom said getting up from my bed, "we are going shopping tomorrow to get you all the stuff you need like toiletries and clothes"
They both got up from my bed and kissed my forehead. We said goodnight and they left, turning off the light and closing the door behind them. I laid down on my bed and sighed. This summer is not going to go at all how I planned.