We tried not disturbing them since we were the only up there. We sat on a table probably forty inches across from them. I was able to see them. Andy couldn't. It was kinda awkward the first few seconds, just two boys at an ice cream store smiling at each other looking at the menu. Finally the waitress came braking the silence between us.

"Hi, may I take your order?" a young brunette gretted us. She had the usual small white apron, blue jeans and a red T-shirt with the store's logo on it. Andy signaled me to go first.

"I'll take a scoop of chocolate and a strawberry one, please."

"I'll take the same," he said not taking his eyes off of me.

Ok, just do it. Tell him... tell him that you can't be together, tell him that this is never going to work out, tell him that he needs to move on, that he has to forget about me, about everything that had happened between us, about the night we first kiss, about the nights we couddled together, about everything he had done for me... just forget.

"Andy, erm..." I could feel the tears, but didn't let them out. I didn't want him to feel sad or any other way apart from understanding. At that moment the waitress carrying the ice creams came, placing them in front of us.

We slowly started eating. "So, what did you want to tell me?" he asked. Words weren't gonna come out nor express the way I felt, so I took my phone out, plugged the earphones in and handed one to him. Berlin's Take My Breath Away started playing.

Watching every motion
In my foolish lover's game
On this endless ocean
Finally lovers know no shame

"You know our love is foolish. It is the type of love that most people would say, it's never going to last. I fought for our love. I- I knew no shame when I kissed you, when I slept with you."

Turning and returning
To some secret place inside
Watching in slow motion
As you turn around and say

"We would hide our love, because to the eyes of those who didn't understand it, it was a mochery, treachery, unacceptable. But you, you..."

Take my breath away
Take my breath away

Watching I keep waiting
Still anticipating love
Never hesitating
To become the fated ones
Turning and returning

"I waited for you to figure out what you wanted. I wanted us to be together. I hoped we could be together. Not to mock others nor to prove a point. I wanted it for us."

To some secret place to find
Watching in slow motion
As you turn to me and say
My love

Take my breath away  

Through the hourglass I saw you
In time you slipped away
When the mirror crashed I called you
And turned to hear you say
If only for today
I am unafraid

"Sometimes I would lose hope. I would just give up and forget. I would think about certain things that you may not be proud of... and not being able to forgive you about those."

He took his earbud off and bowed his head. I took his hand in my hand.

I saw the group from the other table watching me, but I didn't care

I saw the group from the other table watching me, but I didn't care. I was now going to tell him that we would never be together and break his heart. Tears started coming down as I choked on my own words.

"We need to stop this, please. I don't want it to be any harder that it is supposed to be. I don't want to hurt anymore... Please let's just.. stop." I took a deep breath. His head was still down. "You're gonna go to college and probably forget about me. You'll find someone else, someone who'll make you feel loved and-and happy again... Please... I-"

He finally raised his head showing a pair of red flame eyes. I saw tears, sadness, broken-heartedness which were worse than a thousand knives piercing right through my heart. I felt like I was out of air, like I couldn't breathe, like life was sucked out of my body and left hollow for grief to fill.

He just stood up and walked down the stairs. I stood there clenching my fist. I saw one of the boys look at me in a what-the-fuck-was-that kind of way. I just looked away and waited for Andy to hopefully come back. He did but did not sit. Instead he cocked his head to the side to signal me it was time to go. I did as asked and stood up. I could see the group was staring at me as I passed by. We walked out of the store. He told me he had somewhere to be and that I would have probably see him at school.