when Coke met Coffee

"No fucking way," I mumble as I read the notification that I had been moved to another room "FUCK! Now I'll have to pack up all my things and move... all the way to the fourth fucking floor?! God damn it."

I was pretty upset. I didn't just like my current room, I loved it. All the students there were my friends and we went along very well. Who knows what creeps were going to be there? Plus I didn't need this right now. I had exams I had to study for. And the person that was taking my place wanted to move there ASAP, so I had no choice but to move my things. Igor, Allen, and Aethan helped me.

When I entered my new room I was greeted by a smiling Martin.

"Hey you here too?" I asked smiling.

"Yeap, well, I have been here all semester so..." he joked.

About 20 minutes later I had finished unpacking all of my stuff. I had even made my bed which, by the way, was on top like my previous one.

"Hey one quick tip before you climb up there..." he said pointing at my bed. I turned my head to face his and raised an eyebrow. "Be careful not hitting your head, because the ceiling is a bit low."

"Thanks but, I'm pretty sure I can do it," I say giving a bitch please face. I then jump to my bed.

"Ouch!" I said as a thud was heard. I did hit my head against the ceiling.

"Told you," he said laughing.

"AGH!!!"

I see that my room isn't that big. Four bunk beds that occupy most of the space. But the best part is that we have a balcony. Sure it isn't very big but it's big enough for when you wanna just hang with some friends.

Weeks had passed. I hadn't talked to Andy a lot since he had school stuff and I had school stuff, but we would exchange little smiles or kisses if we saw each other. But one day he decided that he wanted to go out. Yes, OUT... Not like out of the closet, just out do drink something.

It was Friday afternoon and I had just gotten back from the Internet Spot where I usually went to. Aethan wasn't with me at the time since he had gone home to his family. I was all alone again. As I walk up the stairs to the corridor I see Andy coming out of a room (of which we will talk later on). This room was right up the stairs before you enter the corridor which was on your left.

Anyway, he closes the door behind him and greets me. "Hey," smiling too.

I quickly looked up and let out a little gasp. "Geez, you scared me," I kiss him on the cheek and he responds as well.

"Hey sorry I have been distant lately it's just that I've had a lot to study," he says. I can tell that he's really sorry.

"It's OK, you've got your shit, and I've got mine," I say faking a smile and waving him away. I try to walk past by him but he put a hand on the handrail.

"Noo, it's not Ok," he says. "Listen how about we go out, maybe a drink, coffee, Coke, anything you like."

"Well, you've been kind of an ass lately..."

"Hey..." he says giving me a light punch on my shoulder. We laugh.

"Well, I gotta check my schedule, though," I look up at the old and filthy ceiling above us, and I can see him rolling his eyes.

"Ok I think I'm free," I smile and he nods slowly.

"Tomorrow 9 o'clock"

"But don't we have to get permission?"

"Leave that to me," he said in a smooth but low voice. At that moment I felt the hair at the back of my neck raising. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins. That sentence turned me on.

9 o'clock, the next day

"Morning, you ready?" he said and I was so happy to just go out with him. I knew that this wasn't a date but still. I don't remember exactly what we wore but he must have looked stunning as always while I... just a pair of blue jeans, a shirt with long sleeves, and a pair of sneakers.

We didn't walk that much. We just wanted to get out and experience something new. He took me to this beautiful restaurant. You could see a mini waterfall and if you would get close enough you could hear the sounds of nature. Of course, it was fake but still... it was pretty cool to me.

We sat and looked at each other complementing the outfits that each is wearing. When I remember it now, it was.... ugh, never mind. The waiter comes and takes our order.

"What do you want?" Andy asked. Wow, him... asking... me. Shit, I have never felt more special in my life. Well maybe because I have never gone out with a guy before so.

"Coke please," I said looking into his eyes.

"I-I'll just take a coffee," he said not taking his eyes off of me.

QUE THE MUSIC

I couldn't help hiding a big smile nor couldn't he. We began talking about everyday stuff. First is was school. I told him about my desire of being a doctor and he told me about.... well to tell you the truth I do not remember. He didn't want to talk much about himself, I could tell you that. Out beverages arrived shortly after, and our conversation divulged even further. We talked about our families, our hobbies, favorite movies, songs etc.

Stop the music

At one point his phone rang. He looked at it and sighed in frustration.

"Are you OK? Who was it?" I asked.

"My girlfriends," he said. At that moment I felt like the twin towers of the 9/11 event. I was crushed. Hearing those words made my heart bleed. I tried to look away but it didn't help.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend," I said failing to maintain a stable voice.

"Well, I don't actually know where we stand right now so..." he said, not sad. Was he suppose to be sad? One thing I know is that if you don't have feelings for anyone, don't lead them on, just man up and straight tell them what you really think about them.

"Would you look at the time," I said pretending to look at my phone "It's late and I should go, I mean it's ... 12:30 PM? What the fuck? Boy, we-we sure talked a lot" and I didn't even feel it. "We should go."

And we're up. The waiter came to take our money. When I searched for my wallet Andy raised a hand "I got this."

"I can pay for my own drinks you know."

"I know, c'mon"

We headed out. Taking me by the shoulder he told me that He had a lot of fun. I smiled and so did he, showing his perfect pearly teeth.

"Well, that's taken care of. Coffee check. Um, I need to do something, else" he said and I raised an eyebrow "It's school related."

"Ou ... Ok, see you at school then?"

"Definitely."

We smile each other goodbye and I find myself daydreaming about him for the next 24 hours. It is simply romantic.