It's all Over

It was the next day. I was dressed up in blue jeans, a white T-shirt and a pair of sneakers. Just as I was about to get out to clear my mind off of the insane rollercoaster of thoughts that were invading my brain, I heard a voice calling me from behind.

"Ben," it wasn't loud or anything, it just got me by surprise. I jumped a little and slowly turned my head. He was running towards me.

"You and I have somewhere to be," he said throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"Wha-"

"A-A no," he waved his index finger at me.

"But-"

"Shhhh," I froze, my eyes as big as the sun shining upon us. It was warm outside. The streets were packed with people running to work, going shopping, many of them were inside their cars. I could spot a lady putting on lipstick looking in the rear-view mirror. She kissed herself, winking as if she was the queen of the world, and then drifted away.

"Where are we going?" I said walking just a couple of centimetres behind from him.

"My house."

I stopped. "Your house?"

He stopped too and waived me over. "Yes, I have a thing I need to do before we do our thing."

.........  A couple of minutes later ..........

We stopped at a building which was probably ten stories high. I looked around me. There were different kinds of small shops. I was surrounded by all kinds of clothes, toys, dishes, items. Did I just end up in my version of Wonderland? We walked in the building. You could tell that it wasn't well maintained just by looking at the rusty old entrance door and the scraped military green wall.

The elevator was out of order too so we had to take the stairs. Three stories and a couple of doors later I was in front of his apartment. I looked at it so intently. Was he gonna let me in? 

"No," he said turning the key. How did he...? Nevermind.

I nodded and mumbled an Ok. I was left wondering Had he let me in, what would have happened? Maybe I would have sat on his couch. Maybe he would have offered me something to drink, like water, while I looked around trying to understand more about him. Maybe he would have brought the water to me, he would have sat on the couch too. Maybe he would have taken the glass of water off my hands, placing it on the table after I had finished it. Maybe he would have taken my face in his hands and plant a soft kiss on my lips. Maybe... Maybe I was gonna hear his sweet moans and groans again. Maybe...

My thoughts got interrupted by the loud sound of the door opening and closing immediately after, revealing Andy, emptyhanded. He smiled at me and I let a smirk fly. We made our way downstairs and walked the streets of the city.

"So why don't you live with your parents again?"

"Well, at the dorms I get to be more independent. I don't have my parents telling me what to do and it kinda prepares you for what might happen next. You know, live on your own. Plus it's good for my studies too. I don't have any distractions... well except for you..." he looked over at me and saw me worried and unsure "not that you are a distraction, I mean, erm... Ice cream..." he pointed at a store across the street. "Come on."

We walked in. The place wasn't that big but it was big enough. There was a spiral staircase leading to the second floor. We walked past the waitress on our left, the tables on our right, up the staircase to a rather small section on the second floor. The sound of the metallic treads  made out presence clear to the group of teenagers sitting there. There were two boys and two girls. If I hadn't known better I would say that they were couples. They were sitting on these couches cuddling. One of the boys would kiss his girl who was sitting on his right, and the other would respectively kiss his girl too. They were across each other.