How you meet Nightwing

It is night in Gotham city and you were in a 24/7 garage buying your favourite crisps and fizzy drink. When you reached the counter, a ring could be heard signaling someone else had walked in. You looked up at the shopkeeper to hand him your money for the things and that's when you noticed that he was still and fear filled his eyes. Before you questioned what was wrong a gun was held to your head and a hand covered your mouth.

Now since you lived in Gotham you always carried a small pocket knife with you but you were only in your pyjamas since you only lived across the road from the garage, you thought you didn't need it.

"Give me everything in the til or I'll blow the brains out of the girl."

The robber shouted and you continued to look at the shopkeeper. His hands were shaking as he opened the til. He was still watching you, so you decided to shake your head trying to tell him not to do it. You hated when people bullied others into giving them what they wanted.

The shopkeeper seemed to notice you shaking your head and stopped his movements. The robber also noticed as well and watched as the shopkeeper stilled his movement, the man growled.

"Do you not understand, I will blow the girls head off. Now give me the money."

Still the shopkeeper did not move and you smiled. It didn't matter that you had a gun to the head and may possibly not survive tonight but at least you get to witness someone finally standing up for themselves in this god forsaken city. You closed your eyes as the gun clicked.

Suddenly the glass window shattered to your right and someone dressed in black jumped in. He threw something and it caught on the robber gun arm and then pulled. The robber was dragged towards the man releasing you from his grip. One punch from the hero and the villain was knocked out, you and the shopkeeper watched in silence as the man tied the robber up. He looked up to see you and grinned.

"Everyone alright?"

Both you and the man behind the counter nodded your heads.

"I-uh..thank you."

You said. The male opened his mouth to say something before three others came in through the window.

"Come on 'Nightwing'. We have work to do."

Nightwing sighed as he stood up, not before checking that the rope would hold the robber until the cops came.

"Yeah. Okay 'Robin'."

All four males went out of the smashed window and disappeared. You turned backed to the shopkeeper and finally paid for your stuff but the keeper was still in shock so you just left the money on the counter and left with your food and drink.