How you meet Batman

Note: (E/N) = Enemy Name.

It was heavily raining, you were walking down one of the many streets of Gotham, not completely in the mood for anything else today. It has been a dreadful day at the Gotham Gazette Newspaper, (E/N) had stolen your story about the battle between Batman and Mr.Freeze near the Wayne Enterprises building and then your boss had fired you for not having any story to hand over to him for the third time within two weeks as if it was your fault (E/N) keeps stealing your work. You sighed as you went passed another alleyway.

A hand shot out in front of your face and covered your mouth before you could scream and pulled into the alleyway, a knife was put to your throat.

"Scream and I will kill you. Now give me all of your money"

This only to added to your anger from earlier today, you lifted your foot and kicked him in the groin.

"Go to hell."

He let go of you in pain and fell to the floor, using this to your advantage you began to run away from the man however you did not realize that two other men had joined your attacker. They chased after you until you tripped on a piece of rock that was protruding out of the floor, the two men slowly advanced towards you. You closed your eyes as you awaited the pain that was to come. You waited and waited, but nothing came. Opening your eyes, you saw a man dressed in black knocking the last of your attacker unconscious next to the other two unmoving men. You remained on the ground wondering how you never heard the man come into the alley or hear the sound of fists meeting heads, even as your saviour walked towards you still stayed sitting down. He held out a hand to you, gratefully you took it and stood up.

"T-Thank you."

The moonlight began to shine lightly revealing the bat symbol on his chest. You eyes widen slightly and then looked up at his masked face. He nodded at your thanks and then turned away, shooting his grappling hook on to the top of building and disappeared. A little dazed you walked back out of the alley and towards your home.