Scary Stories

A/N- hello everybody! Since halloween is Monday I thought I do a sort of Spooky/Fluff chapter for you guys! This is sorta loosely based off of the Avatar the Last Airbender episode "The Swamp" and "The Puppet-master" mixed together cause it involves telling scary stories, but still being fluff. Well without further ado, LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

One night like many others before, Ed,Alphonse, and (Y/N) were sitting around their campfire while in search of the Philosopher's Stone.

"..Suddenly they heard something down the hall in the dark..it came into the light of the lantern. And they knew....THE BLACK BLADE WAS HAUNTED!!!"
Edward yelled out dramatically in a futile effort to make his 'scary story' well..actually scary.

"....I think I liked the man with a hook for a hand better" (Y/N) finally replied over the crackling fire, unfazed by the ending to Ed's 'scary story'. "Oh come on (Y/N)! I thought it was kinda scary! What did you think Al?" Edward asked then turning his head over to his younger brother sitting next to (Y/N).

"W-Well, I didn't think it was t-that scary Brother" Alphonse replied trying to act unfazed while his armor then proceeded to slightly shake. As she turned her head towards him, (Y/N) smiled and quietly giggled at his reaction.

Edward then gave out an exasperated sigh and proceeded to sit on the ground now as well, upset that he hadn't been able to come up with a better story.

"W-Well if you guys don't mind, I've got a scary story, one that actually happened" (Y/N) suggested to the Elric brothers. "Sure why not; As long as it's not one of those ' a friend of my cousin knew this guy that this happened to stories' " Edward said scooting closer to the blazing fire.

"Don't worry it's not, I hate those kinds of stories anyways; it's actually a story my dad told me.... He said it happened to my mom" (Y/N) explained while looking down at the fire when she said the word 'mom'. Since (Y/N), Ed and Al had all grown up together, the brothers knew about (Y/N)' s mother. She had apparently been born in a village in the mountains to the north of Risembool, (Y/N)'s father being from Risembool. She had died while giving birth to (Y/N), so (Y/N) had never gotten to know her mother. So for this particular story to be about (Y/N)'s mom, they both knew it had to have actually happened. So out of respect for his friends deceased mother, Edward stopped all sarcasm and listened with all his attention, Alphonse also doing the same as he scooted closer to (Y/N) to hear her story better. (Y/N) of course then noticed this for a slight blush appeared on her face, as well did Al's.

"W-Well, when I was younger, my father told me this story that my mother had told him before I was born...
One night when my mother was a little girl still living in the mountains north of Risembool, a snow storm had covered her village completely in snow. About a month later, mom apparently had realized that she hadn't seen her friend Mimi since the storm. So mom and some men from the village went to check on Mimi's family; When they arrived though, no one was there..just a fire flickering in the fireplace. While the men went to search, mom stayed there in the house. But when mom was alone... She heard a voice; ' It's so cold, and I can't get warm.' My mom turned and saw Mimi standing by the fireplace, but she seemed blue, like she was frozen. Mom then ran outside to go get help, but when they came back...Mimi was gone" As (Y/N) said this, Ed jumped slightly and his eyes widened, while Alphonse's armor started shaking again. "Where'd she go?" Ed asked unsurely. "*shrug* No one knows. But according to what dad told me, mom said that Mimi's house still stands to this day. Dad said that until she left the mountains and moved down to Risembool, mom could still see smoke coming from her chimney.. Like little Mimi was still trying to get warm" (Y/N) said thus finishing her story.