48: Love , Drama & Agony.

[excuse any mistakes made in this chapter.]

[two days later]

Jayde grabbed the damped bath-cloth and wiped the corners of Bryson's eyes. Once she finished helping him with his hygiene for the day she just stared at him. She couldn't believe she almost lost the love of her life , her own life flashed before her eyes. If she would have lost Bryson , she wouldn't know what to do with herself. She loved that boy.

"Thank you." Bryson mumbled as he stared back at her. That night when he heard every last word she said about loving him deeply , Bryson couldn't help but to keep a smile on his face , well a smile on the inside of course. He couldn't smile on the outside right now , not yet. 

"You shouldn't be here busting your ass trying to take care of me. It's your birthday , go enjo-"

"Im good." Jayde had cut him off and licked her lips , "It's just like any other day , I rather be here." Jayde wasn't really into birthday's after she found out about her 'cancer.' Even now , she still don't want to celebrate the day she was born. She rather be under Bryson all day , everyday. Like had been doing for the last two days.

"Amir is supposed to bring Harley up here." Jayde smiled trying to cheer Bryson up. A weak smile appeared on his face , the name of his baby girl could make him glow during any condition.

"He should be here later on. What you want to eat ?"

"I don't have a appetite." Bryson mumbled truthfully. Bryson had felt worthless laying in that bed , he couldn't even sit up on his own without Jayde's or a nurse help. He felt less of a man.

"You been in here for days and haven't eaten. Plea-"

"Im not hungry Jay , that's that. You can't force me to do shit." Bryson's attitude had been sour since he had fully awoken. His chest was numb at times , other times it'll feel like a knife was stabbing him slowly.

"You're right , whatever." Jayde took a seat in a chair that was settled by his bed. Here she was. Trying her best to keep Bryson company and also take care of him while he was giving her a attitude. When he acted like this she felt as if she should just walk out the room , but she couldn't leave him alone.

On the other hand. Every time he had gave her such a hard time , he'll feel guilty ; he regretted it. But really , Bryson couldn't help it at all. He was wondering why was he shot so randomly and who put his life on the life from nearly bleeding to death. He didn't know anybody that was against him.

"Why you're staring at me ?" Jayde raised her eyebrow and gave Bryson a stank face.

Bryson couldn't help himself but to smile a little , "I heard you."

"What you're talking about ?" Jayde questioned , trying her best to play dumb.

"My eyes were closed , my ears was no where near closed Jay." Bryson chuckled as he stared at Jayde sitting there in silence. "I heard every single word."

"Oh." Jayde pressed her lips together , "I meant it. I wanna be with you Bryson bu— but I don't deserve to get hurt again. After all the shit I been through in life , I believe I should be happy without worrying about you cheating on me." She was scared to take the risk to trust him again. I mean , who wouldn't be scared ?