Chapter 33~And the Torture Begins

Agony.

Pretend to close your eyes and believe in the righteous of the universe. Sleep. Dream. Babble about the unforgettable memories surrounding you.

But that would only happen in one night.

Morning comes, and I want to smile. Trust me. I want to sing and prance around the room, making myself a terrible singer who throws makeup onto her face.

How can I do that when I'm facing my usual torturous life?

My wrists were aching, the metal clinging onto my skin. My eyes were dead shot from watching the door, hoping and hoping for something. Blonde curls now laid greasy, framing my face. And my stomach was rumbling, craving for food.

Can I get some damn pasta? 

And some red sauce.

And some potato chips.

Candy?

"This is hell," my soft tone of a voice softly echoed throughout the room. "This is sickening! Damn Sadie ruining everything! I did not kill Ethan Cooper!"

When midnight struck, I had repeated the same sentence the entire night. No one came. And no one believed me.

Oh, Blake, where are you?

By now, I was trusting him with my life. Without him, I was doomed.

Morning came around, which had felt like two eternities passed by. I was groaning, trying to stop myself from thinking about food.

Just they wait. I'll take my rat army and kill them all! And I'll be watching, munching on some popcorn. Because that would be some show to see. 

All I wanted was some food.

Dear God: by any chances, can you send down some chocolate? Or maybe cookies? Yeah, cookies are amazing. 

Look at what I've become. Soon I'll be begging for some magical warlock to set me free.

My thoughts were interrupted, vanishing completely as the door banged open. I jumped in fright, pulling the heavy chains with me as Jackson came in the small room, carrying a large bucket.

"Ready for your bath, you skunk," he demanded, smirking.

He'll be the first to die. I'll crush him in despair. Because that's what I've been dying to do. And I should be proud of my disastrous thoughts. But I'm really not.

"I don't know if you can see this," I whispered. "But I'm human. Once again, I am no animal."

Jackson nodded, mocking me. That bastard. "Oh, how could I forget? You're savage. A monster."

His eyes narrowed threateningly, warning me to disagree. I rolled my eyes in protest. Why should I bother fighting? They'll never come to an agreement that I'm only an animal beginning to crawl when it comes to cherry lollipops.

For the millionth time today, my stomach grumbled.  

No one dared to even tease me about food here. It's as if starvation was one step closer to the black cloak that would soon take me away.

That's what everyone seemed to demand of me these days. How come you're not dead yet?

Being a survivor has made me proud. But my grin was withering away as the seconds ticked on.

Not bothering to look at my kidnapper's face, I chose to stare at the floor. I ignored Jackson's growl of anger as a cold substance was thrown on my face.