Chapter 7~Sandra

"It's...amazing. Wow." 

There were no words for how beautiful this hotel room was. It was stunning, and fancy looking. Then again, this is Paris, the only place that expresses true art. And the sight in front of me was truly a piece of art. Nothing could be compared to this. The adoption center seemed like a piece of crumb against this hotel room.

The shocking part was that this was only a room. I could not imagine my expression when I would see other places in Paris. Surprised? Amazed, perhaps? Awed? This was the life all right.

"You're enjoying the view, I'm guessing," Aurelia said, more of a statement, than anything else.

"Yes," I breathed out. If I could, I would live here forever. Yes, the room was small, with only two beds, and a tiny fridge, but the sight still amazed me. The colors in the room was mostly a cream color, giving a vibe of serenity and safety.

"Was this expensive?" I asked. I felt guilty because two rooms must have been a fortune for Blake. This dream—this room was too perfect to be a cheap bill. I could cry imagining what the amount would likely add up to.

"We have a lot of money, Shannon. This is the same amount a trashy motel would cost to us."

"Well yeah," I mumbled. "For you, of course." 

Aurelia didn't seem to hear me, or maybe she just didn't care because she went straight to the bathroom with a case that was most likely to be piled with her beauty products. I rolled my eyes and dragged myself on the bed closest to the window on the right.

The outside view was lovely. It was my first evening spent in Paris, but at least it wasn't dark outside. There were lights shining on many buildings that I could see. I smiled at the sight since the lights looked like a million, bright stars glowing in the evening light.

The door to the bathroom opened, revealing Aurelia. Her hair was in a curly, yet neat looking braid. She wore a short sleeved white shirt with black shorts. For once, she had on no makeup, only making her more beautiful. Aurelia will be Aurelia and only she could pull off this type of look.

"Get ready for bed Shannon. I know how tired you must be. I left you some clothes in the bathroom." I simply nodded before rushing into the bathroom and closing the door behind me. I even locked it just in case someone barged in, not knowing what the definition of privacy is.

I brushed my teeth, quickly and efficiently. I had a lot of things on my mind, all including today's events. There were various questions that I wanted answers to, but I knew it was not my place to ask. That did not calm my curiosity, only making the problem worse for me.

When I was done brushing my teeth, I found the clothes Aurelia put out for me. The outfit contained a black shirt with only slim looking straps, along with, black and white shorts. I sighed, knowing that Aurelia was the only one who actually cared about how sexy you had to look when going to sleep.

To please her, I put the outfit on. I cringed at how much skin was being shown, but I eventually unlocked the door and walked out of the bathroom.

Aurelia smiled at me and nodded at my appearance. I rolled my eyes but bit my lip, my countless questions creeping into my mind once more.

"Ari," I called out. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure you can," she said. "Come to my bed." She walked over to her bed and patted a spot for me to sit on. I dragged myself to the bed, scared and excited about receiving the answers I needed.

"What do you want to talk about?" Aurelia asked, concern written on her face.

This was it. The time I have been waiting for. It was time to ask now or—well, just now. Never was never an option for Shannon Abigail Glenns.