Extra #2

Blake's POV from Chapter 27

~~~~~~

My eyes slowly open to the sound of Shannon's voice.

"Gosh, what happened?" she asked herself. But in truth, I wanted to know the answer myself. I closed my eyes together, not wanting to see the same memories of Shannon trying to commit suicide.

Memories like those broke my heart all over again.

And then, I heard her footsteps. Shannon was never one to stay quiet.

"Where do you think you're going?" I harshly demanded. I watched as she instantly froze, making me feel proud that I still had that kind of effect on her.

She faced me, with that fake smile of hers. "Hello."

Um hi?

Glaring at her, I sat up. "Don't dodge the question, Shannon. You're stalling."

Shannon seemed to have glared at me as she crossed her arms in a huff. "I hate you," she whined, while I smirked and rolled my eyes. She's always going to be that stubborn person, here to make life harder than it has to be.

But I do love her.

"You can't hate what you have," I said, putting my crossed arms above my head.

She started to pout as she wonderingly looked around the room. I found it adorable, until she asked, "Is that the law now?"

All I could do was stare at her, mentally confused. After all, Shannon Abigail Glenns only talked nonsense.

"I come back from almost dying, and they're already starting new rules about hating people," she continued, growing frustrated.

In fact, I was growing frustrated as well. Yesterday's actions had me boiling over with rage at the thought of her...almost dying.

Yes, I was being selfish. But I couldn't live to deal with the fact if she left me as well.

I found myself stalking up to her until her back hit the door as she weakly looked up into my eyes. My anger must have been evident in my eyes.

Pointing a finger at her, I said, "Don't even remind me of that stunt you pulled."

She scoffed as if she found my warning ridiculous. "Remind you? I almost killed myself. I think I'm the one who's most affected in this case."

Hearing those word coming out from her mouth, pushed my anger over the limit as I started to glare at the tone she was using. It sounded as if she didn't even care.

Standing in front of her, I pushed her into the door. Shannon let out a quiet gasp, cursing at whatever seemed necessary at this point. I mentally rolled my eyes as I leaned in closer. I didn't even think she noticed how startled she looked right about now.

"Do you know how guilty I felt, Shannon?" Smiling, I watched as she shivered, staring right back at me.

"And to see you so lifeless. To see you stoop so low..." I trailed off gently. I quickly wrapped my arms around her, finding the need to be near her again. Everything about her made me feel so alive. And to see her try to inflict harm on herself, well, I just wouldn't let that happen.

I didn't care how much she was hurting. The time to cry was over. I needed to protect her, and that's all I could think about right now.

Shannon seemed to give in as if she were defeated. "What happened?" she whispered.

Reluctantly, I let go of her, staring straight into her ocean blue eyes. "Well, I called your name for hours. Mike said you would come back. But you never did."