Chapter 20~A Perfect Date

"You drape your wrists over the steering wheel

                          Pulses can drive from here.

We might be hollow, but we're brave."

                                                             -Lorde 400 Lux

~~~~~~

The last thing I saw was Blake's frantic face, and the spark in his blue, confused eyes.

I let out a scream, escaping Blake's grip. I threw my hands up, running through the halls. And I was still screaming. Not a peppy girl scream. But, a terrified scream.

A little too dramatic.

With my head in the clouds and my ears ringing from my screams, I ran downstairs. The first thing I noticed was that Olivianne was gone. Mike was standing next to Aurelia, who was laughing at a joke Ben said.

"Hi," I greeted, smiling at everyone.

Aurelia's brown eyes softened seeing my figure upon the stairs. "How's Blake?" she asked.

"He's fine," I answered. "Actually, Ari, can I talk to you?" Aurelia gave me a questioning glance, but unraveled her arm from Ben, nevertheless.

"Let's go to your room," she said, starting to follow me. I led her upstairs and into my room. It was quite a strange feeling how familiar I now was to this house. I keep on saying how much I want to leave and go back to my family, but leaving this house and the gang...leaves an upsetting feeling in the pit of my stomach.

When we entered my room, I plopped down on the bed. Aurelia sat next to me, the curiosity never leaving her eyes.

"What happened?" Aurelia asked. I quirked my brow at her, cocking my head.

"Demanding, huh?" I said. "You see...Blake asked me on a...date."

Aurelia's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "So that's what Blake was telling me about. Oh, now I know why you guys would be going to that place. You guys are getting married!" she screamed as if she were in a daze.

"Hell no. It's just a date." Aurelia's shoulders slumped a little, but her smile grew.

"And you need someone to help you?"

I sighed. This was the part I hated.

"Can I be your doll for tomorrow morning, Aurelia?"

Ari smirked as if she just won the lottery. "I'm afraid you have no choice."

~~~~~~

"I look...beautiful. Thank you."

Aurelia stood next to me by the mirror, observing her supposed artwork. Of course, I was the supposed artwork, masterpiece, or whatever she had said before.