Dan rolled his eyes, "James is not my boss. He's a sweaty old man that likes to lie, and shout."

Dan's mum, Mary, narrowed her eyes, "Don't ever roll your eyes at me, Daniel. And I don't want to hear you talk about Pastor James like that again! Telling him that he's a liar is absolutely ridiculous, and rude."

Dan sighed, "And you don't think he was?"

"Are you getting smart with me?"

"Of course, not mother," Dan muttered, "Talking with you makes me feel as if I'm losing IQ points."

"You're such a disrespectful child, Dan. You never show up to church, you disobey me, you try to run off when your own family is around, and you spend most of your time being a cock slut. You're brother, Andrew, never acted this way when he was your age."

Dan laughed as if the whole matter was hilarious, "What can I say, mum? A cross doesn't feel nearly as good up my ass as a dick does."

His mum was fuming, her eyes inflaming and mouth pulled into a tight line. If it was humanly possible Dan imagined steam would have smoked from her ears and made the screeching sound of a tea kettle, but frankly she just shook with anger.

"I may have birthed you, but no queer will ever be my son," Dan's mum said through gritted teeth, "You disgust me. I will fix you, if it's the last thing I ever do."

You know what was probably the saddest thing of all? That Dan didn't even flinch, or yell. He only smiled. He's so used to being constantly degraded he didn't even feel like crying anymore like he used to. Not to say that it didn't hurt him, of course it did. Over the years he was just hiding away the pain of everything that had ever been thrown at him through cockiness. Playing the role of a confident trouble maker.

He was broken, and that's all he was ever told he was.

"Fix me? Well good look with that, mum. Gay is beyond repair. Now if you excuse me I just saw a really hot guy, and maybe I'll get lucky tonight."

Dan started to walk away for the second time that day. Simply trying to leave his problems behind.

Dan's mum sneered, "Don't pretend you have a ride. You are going home with me, your dad, and Andrew now."

"Oh, please I have my own place now. I can find my own way."

"Get in the car," his mom hissed.

Dan turned around to wave goodbye, and blow a kiss as he kept walking. He didn't know where he was going, but frankly if it was away from her he didn't even care.

"Daniel, I said NOW!"

He was terrified, but he didn't display a single sign of how he was really feeling. They were making a scene outside the church, and if he was going to be the star he was going to steal the show.

He walked with a sway to his hips, and a devilish smile. Luckily, he'd grown up in this town or he'd have no idea where he was. He had a friend that worked at a drug store a couple blocks down, and maybe they'd give him a ride to his place when they were off.

He felt like he was being watched as he made his way to, Ted's Whatever, his best friend Ricky's dad's store. Very cleverly named by Ricky himself. Dan quite liked Ted and Ricky's relationship. Dan was never close with his family like they were. Father and Son bonding time was always, and they never really ever fought.

Dan's Dad, Hugh, communicated with Dan mostly through disappointed head shakes, and grunts.

Dan was jealous. But jealously was a sin. Along with everything else Dan did.