17

Jessy
"Hey dad" I climbed in the car.

"Hi honey, how was school?"

"Fine, how was work?"

"Great" he said then it went quiet for a while. I didn't know what to say I've never been really close to my dad. I'm not what you call a 'daddy's girl' I've always been close to my mom.

"So how've you been?" my dad asked me.

"Alright, and you?"

"Fine."

This is so awkward.

We were silently in the car for five minutes then we finally got home. I saw my moms car in the drive way.

"Hey honey" my mom greeted me when I opened the door.

"Hi."

"Hey sweetheart" my dad gave my mom a kiss.

"Hey" she said back.

I had my phone in my hand then got a text from Harry.

"Who's that?" my dad asked.

"Jackie" I quickly put my phone away not wanting my parents to see who really texted me.

"Excuse me" I excused myself to my room.

Harry: hey love just wanted to make sure you got home safe. Harry texted me.

Jessy: yeah I did thanks for caring.
I texted back.

Harry: anything for you love ;)

"Jessie dinner!" my mom yelled.

Jessy: gtg my moms calling me I'll text you later to see what we'll do tomorrow.

I turned off my phone and put it under my pillow then went into the kitchen. I sat down and my mom handed me a plate of lasagna and bread.

"Thanks" I thanked her.

"Your welcome" she sat down.

"What's this?" my mom asked my dad, she had a piece of paper in her hand.

"Oh I almost forgot it's a party at the company and we're all going" my dad said.

"When is it?" asked my mom.

"This Saturday."

"That's great maybe Jessy here can find a boyfriend there" my mom said.

"Mom" I looked at her.

"What you need a boyfriend."

"No I don't I'm perfectly fine being single" I lied.

We changed the subject and talked about random stuff. After we were finished my mom and I were cleaning while my dad was working on something from his work.

"Honey I really think you should consider what I said" my mom said.

"What?" I questioned.

"Getting a boyfriend."

"No if I want to find someone I'll find someone."

"I can look for someone, I'll ask my friends if they have sons your age" my mom suggested.

"No please don't do that." I know she will do it.

"What about that guy you went out with a few months ago? I forgot his name."

"Josh?" I said. He was my boyfriend for eight months. We broke up two months ago I don't like to talk about him.

"Yeah what happened to him? he was such a nice guy."

"We didn't have feelings for each other like we used to" I explained.

"I'm sure you'll find someone special one day, but in the mean time I really think we should find someone don't you?" my mom said.

"No mom I don't, I'm finished cleaning up here, I'll be upstairs if you need me." I went to my room and turned my phone on.

Jessy: hey Harry

Harry: hi love

Jessy: so do we have any plans for tomorrow?

Harry: actually I have somewhere to be tomorrow so maybe I won't be able to see you tomorrow sorry, what about Saturday?

Jessy: I can't I have to go to this thing for my dad which I don't want to go.

Harry: then we'll see each other Monday I have something to do on Sunday too.

Jessy: I guess we're going to have to do that.

Harry: I'm sorry love I really want to see you.

Jessy: me too and I was hoping to get away from my mom this weekend.

Harry: why? what's wrong?

Jessy: she's trying to find me a boyfriend.

Harry: did you ask her to?

Jessy: of course not.

Harry: tell her you already have a boyfriend.

Jessy: I can't she's going to want to meet you.

Harry: and? let her meet me or are you ashamed of being with me.

Jessy: I'm not but if we still want to see each other then it's best not to tell her or my dad.

Harry: fine, I have to go I'll see you Monday.

I turned off my phone again and just went to sleep hoping Harry wasn't mad at me.

Hey guys I hope you liked it, I think I'm not going to update in a while so I'm going to update as much as I can this month, I'll probably update three or four times a week. I'll still update but it might take some time I'm sorry.