prologue

"Its her destiny clay, we have to give it to her. She needs to know everything about us. She turns 18 soon, the longer we wait the more she will be confused and unprepared and the timeturners will win." Esmeralda huffs out a puff of air and falls into a chair.

Clay lays his head on the table they are sitting at. And sighs. "If we do then her whole world will change Esmeralda, I cant do that. Her life is simple right now, shes happy."

"What if giving her this necklace saves her life, lorcan could be searching for her now to get to her before baylan does." Esmeralda yells.
"We must hurry , shell never know about who we are. But atleast she will be able to protect herself with my grandmothers Amulet." Esmeralda rubs her temples with fatigue and waits for what her husband will say.

" You know the hardest thing was giving her up, for both of us Esme. And seeing her raised by humans and missing every milestone in her life has killed me everyday. Ill do anything to protect her." Clay gets up and walkes to the door and opens it.

He looks back at Esme and beckons her forward." Ill go and set the Amulet where she will find it. But I can't say what will happen once she has it."

Esmeralda watches as her husbands stands by the end of the porch and waves to her before he vanishes.

She goes back inside and walkes up the stairs to her bedroom. She walks to her vanity and sits down.
My daughter deserves to know alittle something about her parents and where she came from. Before she gets blindsided by everything coming her way. Esme thinks to herself before she begins.
She writes out a couple points her daughter will need to know about their world. And about why they had to give her up.
Even though her husband and her are retired it still requires alot of people and work to be a timesurfer. She sniffles and a stray tears fall onto the paper as she writes, she gets a tissue before continuing.

She folds and stuffs the note into a leather journal that has 2 pictures. One of her husband and her and one with all three of them in the picture right before they had to give her up.