Chapter 6: Movie night

We get in line at the theater and I ask tilly.
"What movie are we seeing?"
"I don't know! It's up to you it's your birthday."
"Fine." I huff out.
"Lets see Baby Driver then."
"Sounds good to me, its got jaime fox in it, so that's cool". Tilly says while stepping up to the ticket window and paying for our movie.
"You didn't have to do that."
"Nonesense chica its your Birthday, I pay today." She says as she hugs me.

We find our theater number five and go inside to find our seats. We sit in the middle section and the previews start, then the movie starts to play.

We exit the theater and get to her car.
"Anywhere else you wanna go." Tilly ask.
"No I'm good, thanks for today girl I needed it." I say leaning my head back into the seat.
"No problem, what are friends for." She states.

Tilly pulls into my driveway and I hope out.
"Call me or text me later chica!" Tilly yells as she waves goodbye.

I make it home with 30 minutes to spare till im supposed to go to Corin's to watch a movie with him and his friends.
I go to my room and walk over to my dresser and pull the big envelope out of my top drawer that I recieved from my bio mother. Sitting cross legged on the bed , I reread the letter and start to really think about what she meant about a time skip. I just moved places from the food court to the bathroom, not really a time skip forward or backwards, I just moved places.
I go and pick up my grandmother's pendent and turn it over and over in my hand. I remember the book that came with my letter. I pick up the book and look at the front and back. Its black with a plastic feel to it and its about the size of a normal diary. I open it and see its a photo album. Inside I see three pictures one with a picture of a lady and a man with a little baby. The lady has short black kinky curly hair she has carmel colored skin with brown kind twinkling eyes set in a round face with a wide beautiful smile. The man is tall towering over the women, he has brown straight hair to his ears, a slim face with piearcin green eyes staring back at me with a million dollar smile.
They look so happy. I stare at the family in the photo I can feel myself get sad and wonder what was wrong , why did they give me up? The little girl looks so happy smiling right along with her parents. Thats probably me I can't believe I'm so small. Theres another picture of me in a swing in a backyard. Wow my real mom and dad arent bad looking. The last picture is of an older women with gray hair down to her back and over her shoulder. Shes an older lady probably in her sixties shes sitting at a table smiling at the camera. There is a book open in front of her and on her neck is my pendent. This is my great gradmother I know it.
I run my fingers over the pictures one by one. I stare at the one with my parents in it the longest. Maybe just maybe I'll meet them again. I mesmerize them each and store them to my memory.
putting the album and letters back in envelope and put it in my top drawer. I run the restroom and freshen up and get ready to leave. Im so nervous, why did I agree to this again? I ask myself.

I walk next door and knock on the door.
I'm greated by a man in his forties.
"Hello! You must be Lyra?" He states.
"Yes, and you Must be Flynn, Corin's dad." I state.
"Why yes I am, well come in, come in!"
Flynn excitedly waves me forward.

I walk in and wait for him to walk in front of me.
"Mr. Flynn what is your last name? I don't really feel comfortable calling you flynn and your wife tiffany." I say to him nervously.
"It's Jefferson, didn't Corin tell you."
"No sir he didn't." I reply.

We walk all the way to the back of the house then he brings me to a door and tells me they are in the basement.

"Just got on down, they are expecting you." He turns around and heads around a corner.

I open the door and start down the stairs. The basement is nicely furnished and pretty big. There is a washing machine and dryer off to the back and a laundry room shelf set up next to it. I shift my head to the left and see the guys sitting around a huge flat screen, with what looks like game consoles and games in the entertainment center,and a red leather sectional with white and red bean bags on either side. just behind the sectional is a pool table and a air hockey table.
Wow man this is an awesome set up they have.
I wish my house had a basement for a game room hangout. I step on a squeaky toy, and a loud "sqeeeak!" rings out. Ahha! So they do have a dog somewhere.
Everyone turns around and looks at me.