Chapter 5: Cake and The mall

Everything happened at once and fast. The car flew by me and right at the psycho yes! hit him, the mailbox is smashed, my yard is distroyed with tire marks and a loud crashing sound and the horn continually blaring and radiating through my ears and yard.

My parents and brother come running out the house.

"Omg Lyra are you okay!" my mom screeches. She rushes over to me and starts running her hands up and down my extremities trying to find an injury.

"Im fine mom." I sigh out. And gently move away.

"What happened? Look at my yard Joseph!" she yells out.

"Shit look theres a man inside the car." my dad states.

He rushes over to the crash site and begins pulling the man out the driver side.
He yells to my mom."Call an ambulance Molly!"

Mom frantically goes to do his bidding. I can hear her telling the dispatch directions.
"Go get the first aid kit Liam." my dad directs my brother.

My mom is beside herself, my dad is sitting the crash guy up and trying to stop the bleeding on his head with some gauze from the first aid kit.

I run to where the car landed and look under the car. What the fuck! I scream in my head. The mans gone I thought for sure the car hit him. I search all around the car just to be sure hes really gone. I run my hand through my curly tangled hair just to do something with my hand while I think. Where did he go? How did he just disappear? Those are the questions that keep running through my head at the momment.
All the neighbors are out watching us including the new sexy threesome I just met looking right at me.

Alec is studying me with his hands balled by his side,Corin has his arms crossed and, Zarren Is waving at me. Uhgg! I exasperate out mentally. As I half wave back.

Even though we are yards away from each other we are close enough to see into each others yards. There are only 7 houses on my culdasac. 3 on one side of street and I live at the end by the woods at the top and Corins family is right next to us with 3 homes across the street from them and it ends in a circular dead end infront of my house.
What a great start to my 18th Birthday.

I tell my mom im going to clean up. She waves me away and I head inside to take a shower. After I finish my routine in the shower, I change into a light pink baby doll top, a light grey pleated skirt, I pair that with my pink flats. I straighten my bangs and leave the rest in curls down my back.
I look out the window as the ambulance comes and takes the man away. And a wrecker got the car out of our yard.
Taking a peek at Corin and friends ,I notice Corin has his phone out talking on it, he is steadly still staring at the crash site. And zarren takes a picture of the site. Wonder why he would do that? I ask myself.

My family comes back in and mom yells for me to come downstairs.
I force myself down to her and im startled by all them screaming. "Surprise!"
I nearly jump out of my skin, I fall back into the wall.
With my hand on my chest I look at the scene before me. My moms holding a birthday cake with; Happy 18th Birthday on it, my dad has a camera out, And my little bro looks bored at the table.
"Oh honey I know this didnt start out as a good birthday. But it will get better. Happy Birthday!" she exclaims enthusiastically.
"Thank you all so much." I fake excitment for my families benefit
As I blow the candles out. "This is awesome." I say.

I follow my mom to the table and she cuts everyone a piece of cake. She hands me a gift wrapped box.
I open it and its a new Ipad and the really cool cat ear headphones that light up ive been wanting.
"Thanks mom and dad its perfect." I beam at them truly happy for the first time today.
"Your welcome baby! Its got a fifty dollar Itunes credit account set up for you to get whatever songs you want as well." she states with a matching smile on her face.
I sit and eat my cake while listening to my mom talk to my dad about her latest project as if last nights fight between them didnt happen.