Chapter 4: The Amulet

On my way back to my house I decide to check the mail.
We have one of the big half circle driveways. The mailbox is at the end of my driveway by the street.

I open and get the mail out and glance through it; bills, more bills, a letter addressed to mom, junk mail advertising from different stores,  A few Happy Birthday cards from family.
And ooooh! whats this a big envelope addresed to me, I put that under my arm.

I close the mailbox, step one foot onto curb, I hear a clinking sound.
Thats when I remembered; The chain I found in the tree. I pat my pockets and find it in my left pocket.
Its a gorgeous piece of jewlery. Before me is a gold chain attached to a medium sized pendent with black flat edges and an Amethyst stone in the middle. Exquisite!
I touch the stone as im examining it and feel a slight zap. Ouch! what the heck was that. I immediately drop the necklace on the ground, I bend down to pick it up.

As im closing my hand around the necklace I hear a Loud screeching sound and a horn blaring, I look up to see a car careening right toward me, swerving left and right.

There is a man yelling. "Get out the way, you idiot!" in the driver seat.

I can hear myself screaming as Im trying to run I step backwards and I trip and im falling back.
Mail flying everywhere, the necklace still held tightly in my hand. I lift my hands up to sheild my face.

A bright flash comes from the Amulet. I see everything stop right in front of my eyes.  But I keep falling and land on my butt, I scramble back and quickly stand up. I look around and see noone and nothing but me able to move. The car is stopped about 5 ft in front of me.

Oh my god! I almost died again. I cant help but think death has it out for me. Im still shaking from the adrenalin.
I need to calm down and think about what just happened. 
I was about to be hit by a car, I fell back and just as I put my hands up in front of me everything froze. Does that mean the amulet did this?

I Walk around and inspec the car. Its a nice red 2015 ford Fusion atleast it would have been nice if it wasn't about to hit my mailbox and go right into my yard and mess the front end up majorly.
I pick all the mail up and put it in a pile off to the side.

I need to figure out how to get time unstopped. But how? I dont even know how I got it to work in the first place.
I move as far as I can away from the car off to the side and try to think of a way to make everything move again.

I shake it, Nope!
Throw my hand out in front of me, didnt work.
What the hell, I must look so stupid out here doing this. Then I remember im alone, I stopped time. I also realize how unbelievable that is and start hysterically laughing.

Im in the middle of bending over laughing, when I hear a twig snap to my left.

"W..whose t..there?" I stutter out. looking in that direction.

"Just someone who needs that amulet you are holding. So hand it over." Out from behind a tree steps a man in his late 30s. Hes got a receding hairline and is a little sleezy looking.

"Who are you? And why do you want my necklace?" I say with as much confidence as I can muster.

"It doesn't matter who I am or why I need it. Hand it over and I wont have to hurt you." The ugly man says with a scowl on his face as he begins to step forward.

Well that gave me zero answers. I begin to back up. Looking for anything that could help me defend myself from this man. I can feel my whole body shaking. This cant be happening to me right now and on my birthday. I stumble a little, I catch myself. Im now close to the woods surrounding my neighborhood.

"Dont came near me or ill use it on you. And you'll be frozen too." I bravely say, holding the necklace infront of me like a sheild.

"Ha ha ha!  You cant even figure out how to unfreeze this ridiculous accident Little girl. How do plan on freezing me?" He states while clearly having a laugh at my expense.

He advances even more and now my back is against a very big tree.  He is facing me but in the way of the frozen car.

He bends down and pulls a knife out of his boot. And holds it in front of him. "Dont make me cut you Lyra just give it to me and ill leave you alone."  The older man encouraged.

"I wont do that, I dont even know you." I scream.  "How do you know my name?"

"Bring the amulet forward with the stone facing the man and say unfronznar, lyra."

What the heck? Who was that? I look around and see noone.

"I am the amulets keeper. I reside in the amulet." the keeper says.

"Oh wow really!" I say.

The man lunges for me. I dodge to the right and end up laying on the ground. I scramble up and get just to the left of the frozen car. I just hope this plan works. I make sure he is still in front of the car.  I do as the keeper said and thrust the amulet forward and yell.
"Unfronznar!"

A/N
Hello everyone im so happy you are still reading my first book.
Eeeeekkkk!!
I  wanted to say im trying to have regular updates. But I want this book to be as detailed and thorough as i can be. So it takes me a bit longer than anticipated. I need yall to understand and envision my world of timetravel as I see it.

Thank you and your votes are welcome and appreciated.
Bye bye for now.