Chapter 6: We're In Werewolf Territory On A Full Moon? How Smart(!)

Start from the beginning

Elena moved to my original position by the river as I looked for my water bottle and Ric went back to rooting through his backpack. "I don't know why you think that you're a lost cause--" she was cut off by her own scream.

I whipped out a small gun, stood and shot, allowing a wooden bullet to lodge itself in Damon's arm. "Oh, it's only you" I rolled my eyes and sat back down.

"Ow, by the way!" he glared at me as Elena gasped and resurfaced from the river.

"Damon!" she was shocked "How are you even here?!"

"Thanks for the tip, brother" he looked at Ric slightly as he finally popped the bullet from his arm.

"You sold me out" she gave Ric the famous Elena: 'I'm so disappointed in you' look.

"Think I'd take you to a mountain range of werewolves on a full moon without backup?" he shot back.

"No, instead you invite a vampire. A werewolf's sworn enemy. One nip from them and Damon's back at death's door, I wouldn't be so worried but I don't expect Klaus to give us another vile of his blood" I jumped in.

"Kat!" Elena seemed to scold me.

"What?" I gave her a look.

"Do something" she ordered.

"Why? It's not my fault Damon got you wet" I smirked slightly as her face grew red--with rage or embarrassment, we'll never know.

"Get out of the water, Elena" Damon redirected the conversation and I rolled my eyes, moving back to pack up my backpack.

"If I get out of the water, you're gonna make me go home" she sounds like a child.

"Yes, because I'm not an idiot like you" Damon answered the hidden question.

"Says the guy who pushed her in there" I coughed out.

"You gave up on him, Damon" Elena shook her head as I stood straight and turned back to the drama.

"I didn't give up on him, Elena. I faced reality. Now get out of the water" he moved closer to the river edge.

"No!" she crossed her arms over her chest.

"What's your big plan, Elena? Huh?" he jumped in and started to walk towards her. "You gonna walk into a campsite full of werewolves, roast a marshmallow, and wait for Stefan to stop by?"

"My plan is to find him and help him. Damon, this is the closest that we've been to him since he left. I'm not going home" she refused as they stood in front of each other.

"Klaus thinks Kat died when he broke the curse. That makes her, you, everyone safe. This, this is not safe" he motioned to the wildlife surrounding them.

"I don't care, Damon" he looked back at me as I spoke "Let Elena out so we can continue, because even if we run into Klaus, I will see Stefan before the night is through" I promised.

"It's a full moon tonight, Kat" he pointed out.

"Then go home to your safe, miserable bubble. We'll keep looking, find Stefan, and be back before bedtime" I raised a brow.

"Damon, please" Elena spoke up from behind him. He seemed conflicted, struggling, fighting with the Devil and Angel on his shoulders. I wonder if one's bunny muncher Stefan, while the other is emotionless Ripper Stefan...

"...Ok. ok," he finally agreed. "But we are out of here before the moon is full and I'm werewolf bait" he set down some ground rules.

"We promise" Elena and I synced.