47: Acknowledging Love.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Um—Family for Bryson Djuan Tiller ?" A nurse with a clipboard in her hands and her glasses at the tip of her nose came out from the back. She was dressed in her nurse uniform , Amir thought she was thick as ever. But she looked over thirty , he didn't mess with females over age twenty-five.

Jayde quickly stood onto her feet. Her heels were in her hand as her size seven feet started to hurt. "That will be—that's us." Jayde hurried towards the nurse with Amir by her side.

"Who are you to Mr.Tiller ?" The nurse asked with a raised eyebrow. The hospital wasn't able to tell patients information unless they were family members or married.

Jayde knew that rule since her mom worked at the hospital for a while now. "We his frie-"

"Im his wife." Jayde cut Amir off. "Now , tell me about my husband please."

Amir looked over at Jayde with a raised eyebrow and a small grin. "I'll like to see the day Bryson actually settle down and get married." Amir thought to himself.

"Well then ," The nurse felt stupid. She thought Jayde looked too young to be a wife to someone , "Your husband is okay. The surgery was successful , he's a lucky guy though. No damage was really done , of course his chest is going to be in pain for a while."

Jayde smiled to herself a bit , she said a silent prayer to herself , thanking God that Bryson was okay. "When can we see him ?"

"He's situated in his room now , follow me."

Amir and Jayde followed the nurse to the back doors where the rooms were , now leaving the waiting room. Jayde felt relieved that her 'husband' was now okay. Her tears were now away and a smile replaced them.

"Here he is , he's still sleep from the surgery but he should be up anytime now." The nurse country accent rung through Amir and Jayde ears. She walked away from the room door , leaving Amir and Jayde by the door of Bryson's hospital room.

Jayde quickly opened the door , quietly. Not trying to wake Bryson up. Jayde's eyes got a little glossy as she seen Bryson connected to any machines. She didn't like the sight of this. Suddenly her tears were making their way back.

"Damn." Amir mumbled lowly as he seen how his best friend had looked laying in the hospital bed.

Jayde slowly walked over to the bed and ran her fingers through Bryson's thick hair , "It's going to be okay." She laid her plump lips on her warm forehead and stared at him as he slept peacefully.

"Who the fuck could've shot—" Amir started to say but Jayde cut him off.

"We'll worry about that later. Right now , we just need to make sure he's okay." Jayde said not giving Amir any eye contact. She kept her eyes on Bryson.

"We ?" Amir questioned as he sat down in the chair that was near Bryson's bed.

"I wanna know who shot him too. I wanna find ou—"

"No no no , ma'. Bryson will ever forgive me if something happened to you. I'll worry about that." Amir mumbled as he rubbed his chin , looking down at the floor.