Chapter 23: The First Kill

"Lyra? Are you alright?" asked Fred softly.

She turned to her side.

Fred was as heartbroken as George and Bellatrix. What did they do wrong?

Bellatrix stroked Lyra's hair and like the twins, she started crying.

George hugged Lyra but she didn't hug back.

She muttered, "this is all my fault. I don't deserve to be here. I don't deserve to be alive." Her voice was as cold as ice.

"Lyra, don't say that!" George yelled

She pushed him, got out of bed and walked to the door where she pressed her ear to listen to the conversation downstairs. Voldemort yelled at Greyback.

"HOW DARE YOU KICK MY DAUGHTER! SHE HAD A CONCISION NOT EVEN THE HEALERS COULDN'T FIX! WHAT WAS GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD?"

"I-I-I-I don't know my Lord, it was like someone was controlling me, like I was under the Imperius Curse!"

"LIES AVADA KE-"

"Wait, my Lord, he might be speaking the truth! Try the Veritaserum! Maybe it will work!"

"Fine, Narcissa, get the serum!"

"Yes my lord."

"Lyra, who are you listening to?" asked Fred.

Lyra shrugged and continued to listen to the conversation.

"Drink this!" ordered Voldemort, "now, why did you kick Lyra's head?"

"I was under the Imperius Curse," replied Greyback.

"Who put you under the Imperius Curse?" asked Voldemort.

"Dolores Jane Umbridge."

"Why did she put you under the Imperius Curse?"

"So when Lyra get unconscious, the ministry can kidnap her and use her to defend them."

Voldemort stayed silent, he shocked by the news. He finally said, "then we shall kill Umbridge and all of the ministry."

Fred hugged Lyra's stiff body. He leaned his head on hers. Bellatrix and George joined in.

Lyra finally gave in. She rested her head on Fred's chest. She wanted to joke around and say that Fred's too tall, but she couldn't, it wouldn't feel right. A tear came out of her eye.

"Fred?" she asked.

Her voice was soft.

"Yes?"

"I.... I.... I want to go home."

She sounded anxious and desperate. There was a slight crease between her eyebrows.

"You are home."

She shook her head and her crease deepened.

"Where is home?" He paused. He wasn't expecting an answer so he continued, "Hogwarts?"

Shake.

"Hogsmeade?"

Shake.

"Zonkos?"

Shake.

"Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes?"

Shake.

Fred sat down in frustration dragging Lyra with him. He stroked her hair.

"Fred?"

"Yes?"

"I really want to go home!"

She started to cry like full-on cry. Fred held her tightly and she let her tears fall down. He asked himself, "where could 'home' be?"