Chapter 21: Jokes

About a month later, I found dad talking to mum about something. I didn't know whether to run and hug him of be a 'proper lady' and casually walk up to him and greet him.

He looked sad, but when he saw me, his face sort of lit up a bit. That means it's safe to go up to him and hug him. So I did that.

"Dad!" I called out. I'm acting so immature right now.

That probably was a mistake because he didn't hug me the same way he did at Christmas. He's sad and mad and I know exactly why. I could sense my mum giving him a look telling him to mean the hug.

"How are you doing?"

"Good, how about you?"

"Didn't kill Potter or Dumbledore."

"Aww, that sucks. I was really looking forward to see you take over the wizarding world."

"It's not over yet, I have a plan," he changed his time of voice, "Draco will have to kill Dumbledore. I'll recruit him as a Death Eater and use him."

"Why can't it be me instead? Why can't I kill Dumbledore?"

"I don't want to end up killing you, you're too precious for that."

I stared at him in confusion.

"The whole point of killing Dumbledore was that I could get his wand, which is the Elder Wand so I can use it to kill Potter. See dear, the wand serves the master and when someone kills it's master, it would now belong to the killer. I can't do it myself. I've tried. So, I'll send Draco to do it and then kill Draco after."

I gasped in shock.

"It's okay sweetie, there are other people you can hang out with, just make sure they aren't mudbloods and blood-traitors."

"Can't you send Snape? Dumbledore trusts him. He would never expect Snape to kill him."

"If I do that, then I'll be wasting my second most loyal Death Eater. Also, Dumbledore will know."

"Then how about-"

"Draco must be the one doing this task! No one else and that's final!"

"What if he fails?"

"Then Severus will kill Dumbledore for him and if Draco fails, I. Kill. Draco."

I gasped and lost balance for a second. Mum helped me regain my balance.

"Aunt Cissy will be devastated when she finds out!"

"I know, but that is what we have to do."

I sighed, "if that's the only way of killing Harry, then I guess we would have to do it."

"That's my girl," said dad while reaching out to give me a less awkward hug. Mum joined in too.

I pulled apart and asked, "mum, dad, can I go to Diagon Alley please?"

"Yes, but someone needs to take you and it can't be either of us."

"Okay, I'll ask Aunt Cissy."

As I was leaving, I remembered something, turned towards dad and said, "by the way, Uncle Lucius broke the prophecy."

"I'm aware of that, but thanks for telling me that. That's also another reason why I'm using Malfoy to kill Dumbledore."

"No problem. Well, bye!"

I went up to Aunt Cissy's room and saw her in tears.

"What's wrong Aunt Cissy?"

"Lucius got caught by aurors and they took him to Azkaban."