Chapter 13: Surprises

I fell asleep. I dreamed of being in Malfoy Manor.

"Lyra should be here by now," said a pale bald guy.

'This isn't a dream, this is actually happening, I made it' I thought.

"Mum, dad!" I ran to hug them sobbing.

"Are you okay?" asked mum worriedly.

"No, Umbridge is a nightmare. I tried not to cry in front of her so I did the Cruciatus Curse on her with my hands. I could cry in bed but Snape could hear so that's why I wanted to be here, with my real family."

Mum hugged me tighter. Nagini slithered around me. Nagini gets me. Dad just stood there, not knowing what to do, then he hugged me and rest his head on my shoulder, which made me cry harder. Aunt Cissy heard and came in.

"How did she get in here?" asked Aunt Cissy.

"She needed someone to talk to, so The Dark Lord brought her here," replied mum.

Aunt Cissy saw my tears so she pulled me away from my parents and Nagini to hug me herself.

"Can I stay here, forever, or at least until Umbridge dies?" I asked hopefully.

"You need you education," replied dad,"if you want to become a Death Eater, you need to know your spells."

"But you can teach me!"

"It doesn't work that way-"

"-and I can practice on Wormtail!"

"Like I said, it doesn't work that way!" said dad.

I sighed. Snape's going to wake me up soon.I have to deal with school and that.......female dog, yeah I'll use that; he's a male but whatever, that ruins my life. Then, I got this idea.

Everything started fading, I'm waking up, Snape's waking me up, I yelled, "NOOOOO!"

"It's ok, calm down," said Snape calmly with a hint of panic in his voice,"what did they do to you?"

"WHAT DID THEY DO TO ME? WHAT.......DID...........THEY.............DO TO ME? THEY ACTUALLY LET ME TALK TO THEN ABOUT MY PROBLEMS! THEN YOU RUINED IT BY WAKING ME UP! LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!"

"Oh, sorry," said Snape carelessly.

"I WANT TO GO HOME!" I yelled. Then, my voice softened, "just for a little while."

"I'm afraid that can't happen."

"Please! I beg you!"

Dumbledore came in,"what's going on?"

"Lyra's having a hard time and she wants to go home with her real parents."

I looked at him with full of hope.

"Just for a little while, mum can teach me what I need to know while I'm gone, please, I'm desperate."

Dumbledore thought for a while before finally saying, "very well, you can go home, but just for a little while."

"Thank you sir!"

I packed some of my things and stood in front of Snape's room, waiting for him.

"Ready to go?" asked Snape.

I nodded with a huge smile.

Snape and I touched an old boot, which was a portkey to Malfoy Manor.

We stood by the gate waiting for someone to come. Wormtail came and opened it, frightened to see me.

"Afraid of a twelve year old?" I asked.

He ran away.

"Of course he is."