Chapter 3: The Welcome

I saw a pale blond-haired boy looking at me. I went out to see why he was watching me. I looked at him right in the eye and he said, "You look a lot like my Aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange, the hair texture, eye color, . I'm Draco Malfoy by the way, I'm a fifth year, and you must be a first year, right?"

"Yeah, I'm Larissa Wilson, but I prefer to be called Lyra. Please don't ask what house I think I will get because I don't know I'm adopted and raised by muggles."

"Ugh, I feel so sorry for you, they must be terrible," said Draco.

"They're ok for muggles, I guess, they don't understand what it's like to be different, and magical. Apparently it's just a magic trick," I replied coldly, not to Draco, don't get me wrong, I'm starting to like him, well as a friend, but about the topic of muggles, Draco seems like an interesting kid, maybe we might be good friends later on, maybe more than just friends.....

I liked talking to Malfoy, he seems cool, but I swear, he thinks I look like Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort. I doubt it, but it would be cool if I were their daughter, but then I would be judged and hated by the world. I don't want that to happen.

"So are you excited to see which house you're in? I hope you're a Slytherin because they're the best in Hogwarts, we get power."

I smiled, I knew we'd become friends, even if we might be in different houses. We talked the rest of the way there and he explained to me all the candies, magic, and the other stuff.

The first years were supposed to go on boats while the rest go on carriages to Hogwarts so I said goodbye to Draco and ran off to a boat.

The boats weren't that interesting, or the way to the Great Hall. It was just a boring explanation about the Hogwarts Houses. Once we reached the school, the Sorting Hat started singing a stupid song about each of the different houses, of course I didn't pay attention, and ignored it completely. Then, the interesting parts started happening and by that I mean the sorting. One by one, McGonagall called student after student and the sorting hat placing them in different houses.

"Anderson, Celeste.......HUFFLEPUFF

Andrews, Maddison......SLYTHERIN

Black, Vanessa..........GRYFFINDOR

Bonine, Georgie...........RAVENCLAW

Collins, Alexa..............SLYTHERIN

Diaz, Cameron..........RAVENCLAW

Ember, Clara...........GRYFFINDOR

Greengrass, Caleb...............GRYFFINDOR

Owen, John................GRYFFINDOR

Ryan, Chloe...............RAVENCLAW

Snape, Stella............SLYTHERIN

Williams, Zoey...........HUFFLEPUFF"

As more and more students got called up, the more nervous I got.

"Wilson, Larissa"

I felt my heart thump brutally. My legs began to tremble as I got closer to the Sorting Hat. What if I'm placed in a house I don't like? What if I don't fit in? What if nobody likes me?

"Hmmm, you're very smart, probably one of the smartest in your grade, based on your past, you're really brave especially in the snake incident."

'"Wait, how do know that?"I muttered

"I know all! You're really kind to people who don't deserve it *ahem Malfoy ahem* but you can be really mean to those who stand in your way. So I think I'm going to put you in......"