Chapter 17: Getting Caught

The next day, after my lessons, I got ready to go to the DA lesson. It was cancelled yesterday because of Ron's 'incident.' I walked in hopping no one figured out it was me.

"Hey Lyra! What's up!" called Fred.

"H-h-hey Fred!" I said trying to act like nothing happened. It's not working so well for me.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-y-yes why?"

"You're sweating and it sounds like you're hiding something."

"No, Fred, I'm okay, now class is starting, so shut up."

Without pushing it, Fred nodded and listened to Harry.

After the DA lesson, it was dark, so, we went back to our dorms to go to bed. Tiered, I fell asleep right away. The next morning, I woke up and went to the Gryffindor common room. Luckily, the twins were still sleeping, so I snuck up to their dormitory with a huge bucket of water with and I splashed it on top of them. They woke up. I couldn't help it, so I bursted out laughing.

"What was that for?" asked George.

"Stupidity."

"Is that your answer for everything?"

"Let's just go with that."

"Okay!"

"Okay, so, we're planning a prank on Umbridge," said Fred.

"Uh huh, go on."

"But, we need our brooms. Can you do get our brooms from wherever Umbridge hid it?"

"Why me?"

"You splashed us with ice water!" yelled George.

"Ugh fine!"

I left the common room and went into Umbridge's office with Harry's invisibility cloak to find out where she hid the brooms. It was somewhere in her office. To not get in trouble, I whispered 'Accio Fred and George's broomsticks!'

Someone heard me. I turned around and saw Umbridge. She felt around the area. I slowly backed away to huddle in the corner and crouch. I started breathing heavily. Umbridge heard me and walked over to my corner. She placed her arm in the spot where my head is. I gasped. She started tugging on the cloak, pulling it over me. I pulled the cloak down on top of me, kicked her shin so she gets distracted, and ran for my life. I failed to be to brooms.

After breakfast, I grabbed Fred and George's robes, and pulled them outside.

"Ok, I almost died getting your brooms. Sadly, I didn't succeed. Umbridge knew I was there, except she thought it was Harry."

"Oh, anyways, we have something to show you."

I followed the twins outside. They pulled out firecrackers from their pockets and started tossing them to each other. I stood there and laughed. People started gathering around us, watching us. George threw it at me and I caught it. I threw the firecracker under my leg towards Fred.

After a while, Umbridge came. When George was tossing it to Fred, Umbridge caught it in the air, shrugged and left. She didn't realize I was there. I spoke too soon.

Umbridge backed up towards me slowly, turned around, looked at me and said, "Miss Wilson, that's a detention in my office NOW!"

"Okay professor, I'll be there in a minute. I just need to drop something off."

Umbridge stared at me for a while. I held my breath. She left nodding approvingly.

I ran to Snape's office without a word.