Chapter 15: Danger

I woke up the next morning hearing the voices of my parents.

"I'm scared,"said mum.

"It's going to be okay, Bella," replied dad.

I crept outside my room to see what's going on, dad was hugging mum, while she was crying on his shoulder. I took a picture and sent it to Collin.

Me: My they're hugging!!

Collin: WTF. That's something you don't see every day

Me: GTG I need to hear what they're talking about

I slipped my phone in my pocket.

"No it isn't! The Ministry's coming for my Lyra!" yelled mum.

"No they aren't."

"Yes they are! She's one of the most powerful witches ever existing and they want to take her away from us so she can defend them! How dare they even think of that! Taking sweet, innocent Lyra away from us just so they can use her to win, like she's some sort of toy, they'll play with her before breaking her. They don't care what happens to us, THEY WILL KILL FOR HER!"

Dad calmly responded,"we're not going to die, and if we do, it's going to be because we saved Lyra's life. I'd rather have us die than her!"

"I just want Lyra to live on happily, not committing suicide so she can be with us if we get killed."

"Lyra is too smart to even think about committing suicide."

Mum took a deep breath,"We need a new spell."

Over breakfast, dad called mum over. Probably planning my lessons. I fished eating is silence.

"Are you okay?" asked Aunt Cissy.

"Yes," I lied. She didn't believe me at all. She sat next to me.

"Tell me what's wrong."

I sighed, "why do they want me?"

"What?"

"Why do the Ministry want me?"

"You're really powerful, and they're hypocritical gits who are useless, with you, they can do anything. They're going to kill anyone who tries to stop them from getting their hands on you!"

"Is that why mum is so worried?"

"Yes, she doesn't want to lose you, and neither do I. The Ministry thinks you're at Hogwarts and they're going there in a few days, so for your safety, you'll have to stay here for a week at least or until they've figured out your staying here."

"Do they know mum and dad are my parents?"

"No, they don't know."

"Good."

"Lyra! Could you come here?" asked mum.

"Coming!" I called back.

I went to the living room where mum and dad stood.

"Ready for you first lesson?" asked dad.

I groaned.

"She's ready," said mum.

"You're going to learn the Unforgivable Curses!" said dad with enthusiasm.

"We're going to teach you how to do the Cruciatus Curse."

I nodded. I knew what it was and what it meant and I sort of know how to do it.

"You really want to mean it, so first, point your wand at your victim. Second, concentrate, and third, say, 'Crucio'"