Chapter 5: Figuring Life Out

I woke up still screaming then stopped. Ginny came over and gave me a sympathetic hug. I wiped my tears and she and Harry took me to Dumbledore.

"I...saw....my.....p-p-parents in a d-d-dream, but I'm not sure they're my real parents, I dream up stuff like this all the time but it usually doesn't hurt," I managed to say. Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape took me to Dumbledore's office.

"Um, professor, uh by any chance is my mom Bellatrix, Bellatrix Lestrange?"

I should probably say 'mum' because I'm in England and that's how the British say it.

McGonagall looked at Dumbledore who nodded, "I'm afraid so."

"YASSS SHE'S AWESOME!" I replied with excitement, "And who's my father. Is it-"

"Voldemort," finished Dumbledore, "he's your birth father."

"Voldywart?" I repeated in shock.

"Voldemort," replied Snape angrily.

That guy, Snape has some temper issues. He really needs to see a therapist. I'm going to call him Snivellus because I feel like that name was made for him.

"Wait if I have an ugly dad, does that mean I'll become ugly too?" I asked nervously.

Dumbledore laughed and answered calmly, "He was actually quite handsome when he was at school,"

He explained how he tried to kill Harry Potter but fail and how he disappeared, but returned to his freakishly ugly body last year at the end of the Triwizard Tournament.

"Oh by the way, Draco Malfoy is your cousin, he's a fifth year here at Hogwarts," explained Snivellus.

"Yeah I kinda figured that out when I found out about my mum, he told me on the train to Hogwarts." I replied matter-of-factly. "Oh yeah, can I move to Slytherin, I feel like I belong there with my pureblood friends, not in Gryffindor with the mudbloods and blood-traitors."

"I'm afraid Draco's beliefs got into Lyra," whispered Dumbledore to McGonagall who laughed.

"I'm sorry, but we can't do that, you'll just have to stick with what you have," said McGonagall. "Oh and don't tell anyone about your parents, you can tell Draco, but only about your mother, tell him your father is Rodolphus and your last name is Lestrange, not Riddle."

I nodded. I left the room to look for Draco.

"YO DRACO! DRACO MALFOY!!" I yelled once I spotted his silvery-blond hair.

"Hey Lyra," he responded cheerfully.

"Look, I have to tell you something, but we have to be in private, it's important."

I lead Draco into a corner.

"Ok I going to tell you this, but you have to listen, ok?"

He nodded.

"Today, I had a dream-well sort of like a dream, my mind went into another body, that's mine, while my actual body stayed in my bed. I found a woman with black tangled curly hair and a black dress talking to a bald man. It was your aunt and I found out that, well, she's my real mom-mum and her husband is Rodolphus Lestrange is my father. So I'm your cousin," I explained.

That seemed right, right? Hope I didn't do too bad about the Rodolphus part.

He stared at me wide-eyed. He couldn't believe it.

"You're my cousin?" he asked.

"Well no duh!" I smiled and hugged him. Don't judge me, I'm a big hugger.

He asked me how I found out and I explained about the dream. He freaked out. I bet he's happy I'm his cousin and not a mudblood, but the way I had to find out was horrifying.

"This is impossible, you can't get hurt in dreams or feel anything. I mean you can but this felt too real."

"Who says this is a dream?" I replied with a worried look.

"Did you talk to Snape about it? He probably knows a thing or two about it."

"No, but he was there is the room when I was talking to Dumbledore and McGonagall, why would I talk to Snape, Snape's a git and I don't like him."

"But he's on our side-"

"I DON'T CARE! He's a grumpy idiot who won't believe anything for anyone!"

His eyes widened. To prevent things from getting worse, he changed the subject, "so we're cousins I guess"

"Yeah, I guess," I muttered softly. " Look I gotta go, I'll see you later bye"

"Bye," he replied with sad eyes.

Ok, I admit, I was too hard on Draco, my life is just so messed up right now, I need to think straight. I'll make it up to him tomorrow. I sighed.