Chapter 1: Strange World

Somehow it feels like I'm in the wrong time, like I skipped a few decades but I didn't age. I felt different. Awkwardly, I always believed the Wizarding World existed, but I never knew that I was part of it...

I was sitting on the grass one hot evening in California in the year of 2016 when a snake slithered next to me. I cautiously turned to look at it and asked, "What are you doing here? Please go because I really don't want to get bitten." I never expected it to answer, but it did.

"I never intended to bite you, I'm just enjoying the grass on a hot day and I'll leave you alone," the snake responded.

I stared at the snake. I can speak-no, it isn't possible is it? I smiled and went to look for other snakes to talk to.

"Hi, I'm Chloe!" I said cheerfully to the other snakes.

After hours of talking to my new friends, it was time to go back inside my house, I said bye to all the snakes I met, and sprinted inside.

"Mom, I can speak Parseltongue like Harry Potter and Voldemort!"

"Foolish girl, there is no such thing as speaking Postotongue!"

"It's 'Parseltongue'!"

"I DON'T CARE WHAT IT'S CALLED! Now, go set up the table! We didn't take you in from the orphanage for nothing!"

"Yes mom."

I went over to set up the table.

My adoptive parents, Sadie and Robert and sister, Sophia were all born in America but they visited England to adopt a baby, which was me. I don't know why they did that, but they just did. I believe I'm British; I lived in an orphanage in England until this family took me in. I never knew I was adopted until last year. It was kind of a nasty shock, but I sort of guessed it because they either have blonde hair with blue eyes or red hair with green eyes. I, on the other hand, have dark brown curly hair and dark brown eyes, like my idol, Helena Bonham Carter. Since then, I like to think that Helena's my real mother, but she couldn't take care of me because she had to travel to be in movies until that one day when she'll find me and take me with her and we can be in movies together. It would be perfect! But I know that would never happen.

They never really liked me because I'm different, not by appearance, but the way I acted. They adopted me because they couldn't have another child and they wanted my sister to have a sibling. Now, they think they made a mistake because I'd do all this things that any regular human being couldn't do like randomly jump onto the roof of cars and buildings straight from the ground or levitate with only my hands. They still let me have friends and a cell phone. They don't really want me with them and they want me to be as 'normal' as possible. They think their biggest mistake was letting me read the Harry Potter series but in my opinion, I think it was the best decision they ever did.

My fifteen year old sister, Sophia, was pretty cool; she never really bothered me, but often ignored me. She was the popular one in the family and definitely the pretty one.

After the table was set up, Sophia called. She said she won't be home and mom was cool with it. If it was me, mom would have gotten mad and not let me eat for two days, but since this is Sophia, she didn't mind. When mom finished the call, she came to me and told me, "You can eat with me and your father tonight because Sophie's eating dinner with her friends, but any funny business, then no more meals for a week. Do you understand?"

Of course they are just saying it so I don't mess up again. Yes, again, don't ask. Okay, I might of blown up the table, but I only sat down on the chair! I know if I do I won't eat much that week so I should still try not to make any mistakes.