Chapter 14: Not-So Sweet Home

~Lyra's POV~

I woke up in the morning relieved to see my parents still lying right next to me, hugging each other. I found the glue that keeps my family together, mum finally got what she wished for, and dad did the impossible..

"Goodmorning," I said cheerfully.

"Goodmorning sweetheart," replied dad while he smiled kissed me on my forehead. I got up to sit in between my parents.

I asked,"Do I have to start today? Yesterday was rough, and I'm still tired."

"Don't worry, we won't start today," said mum.

I sighed in relief. I leaned back and closed my eyes feeling two pairs of arms wrapped around me like a burrito. I smiled. The muggles never did this.

We ate breakfast and then after that, mum went to her room.

I went up to my room to text my muggle friends until I heard a screeching coming from mum's room so I ran upstairs to see what was going on. When I opened the door, I saw her. She pushed her dagger against her throat. She was crying.

"HE DOESN'T LOVE ME! I WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE THAN A LOYAL SERVANT TO HIM!"

Tears rolled down my cheeks. This is so unlike her! Why is she doing this to herself?

I screamed, "STOP IT! DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF!"

Too late. She was already shoving the dagger through her throat. Blood was coming down and staining the weapon. I ran and quickly took the dagger away.

"What are you doing?" she asked me.

"Saving your life!" I replied.

"Why? I have to do this!"

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do!" she argued.

"I don't want you to die," I said as I lowered my voice.

"I do," she yelled.

"Why?"

"I'm only a servant to him."

"No you're not! You're more than that to him. He loves you!"

"No, he doesn't!"

Thought the infamous Bellatrix Lestrange wouldn't do something like this for a reason like this? You're wrong.

She took the dagger from me and pressed it against her throat so I screamed again, but only harder. This time dad came in. When he saw mum, he ran and took the dagger. He began to cry while his body started trembling dangerously.

"Bella, what are you doing to yourself?" he asked her.

She said nothing, she only started crying again. He pulled her into a tight hug, letting her cry on his shoulder. I cried harder. Mum saw me and let me join in.

"I'm so sorry."

That was the only thing she said.

Dad healed the deep cut she made on her neck.

"Thank you, my Lord."

"You're welcome, Bella. Now, tell me what happened?"

"She tried to do it," I said, "she tried to commit suicide."

My voice grew shaky. Dad pulled us into a tight hug.

"Why did she do it though?"

"She thought she was only a loyal servant to you."

"What! Bella, you're more than that! I love you!"

He kissed mum in the lips. She pulled apart and leaned on his shoulder. I saw the dagger so I began to tear up. I curled up on her bed and cried. Mum noticed and ran to hug me.

"Shhhh , calm down, sweetie. It's going to be okay."

Dad joined in.

"Bella, promise me you'll never do this again!"

"I promise, I won't do it again."

"Good."

He kissed her head.

"I love you, Bella," he whispered.

"I love you too, my Lord."

"This was pretty scary," I blurted.

"Sorry about that!"

"No, it's okay! Trust me! You didn't die. That's good!"

Mum started tearing up again.

"I'm such a horrible mother!" she exclaimed.

"No you're not, you're a great mother!"

"No, I'm not. I tried to commit suicide and I didn't even think about you!"

"Bella, don't say that! You're a great mother to Lyra!" said dad.

She said nothing. She only cried. Dad started crying too.

"This is all my fault! I'm such a horrible person! Bella could of died because of me!"

"Dad stop! Quit blaming yourself!"

I hugged him really tightly while he started crying.

"I wish I treated Bella better! Because of my actions I could've lost an amazing Death Eater."

"I could of lost a mother."

"Both of you, stop, you're making me cry again!" cried mum.

"If you die, I would never forgive myself!" cried dad.

"My Lord, it's okay! I'm alive!"

I started crying too. Both of my parents wrapped their arms around me.

"Shhh, don't cry, it's okay," whispered mum.

Little by little I calm down. We stayed most of the day in the room just talking and hugging. We seemed like the perfect family. It soon became night so I said goodnight and went to my bed. I closed my eyes.

I saw my mum.

"It's going to be ok," mum said. She hugged me and some of the aurors took her away. The rest were coming towards me to take me away, I walked back and fell. Right below me was a huge tank of acid.

"NOOO!" I screamed and right before my body hit the acid, I found myself laying on my bed.

It was all a dream.

Mum came running to my room.

"Lyra, dear, are you ok?" she asked in a panicked voice.

"I'm fine, it was just a nightmare."

"Ok, thank goodness," she stood there breathlessly. Dad came in wondering what all that noise was about and mum simply told him that I had a nightmare.

He sighed and said, "what am I going to do with you Bella?"

Dad tried dragging mum to her room, but she didn't move.

"I'm going to stay in here a little bit." said mum.

Dad sighed and left. Why was mum suddenly being over protected with me? Does she know something

big is going to happen that I don't know?