41

"And the stars exploding we'll be fireproof."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Natsu's point of view:

I woke up to a ceiling I saw nearly every day.

What was I doing in my dorm?

Nonetheless, in bed sleeping peacefully?

No nightmares or nothing.

I hadn't dreamt of anything for that matter though that was not the problem.

I should be at the carnival right now.

I jumped out of my bed, forgetting that I was on the top bunk and faceplanted with the floor.

I groaned and held onto my sides. It felt as if I was wearing another article of clothing under the hoodie I was dressed in. I checked to see bandages wrapped around my chest and raised an eyebrow.

I touched my face and a smaller patch of the same component stuck onto my upper cheek.

I sighed for the millionth time and left my shared room. I hurriedly got out of the dorm.

When I read the clock in the corridor, I used every bit of energy I had and dashed out the boy's dormitory to where the spring carnival was to be held.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

My hands gripped my knees tightly as I tried to catch my breath. I had finally made it in and was searching for Gray.

The crowded venue was decorated vibrantly. Activities, food stands, and even rides were set up.

I had to say, the student council did a mighty job organizing.

Though, because of every space being occupied, finding him became more of a challenge.

I noticed my sister walking with Sherria and hollered for her.

"Wendy!"

She turned around and came over to me with her roommate, otherwise known as her girlfriend.

"Natsu! You're here!" She gave me a toothy grin but her eyes went to my covered bruise.

My face softened.

Sherria waved at me and smiled.

"I thought you'd be together with Gray? I saw him go near the Ferris wheel by himself." Wendy assumed and I suddenly inquired, "Where is the Ferris wheel?"

Sherria gave me the directions and I left the duo hanging.

I was darting to his whereabouts however I instantly halted.

A booth was selling bouquets of flowers. They were all appealing though one particular blossom spoke to me.

The ravishing blue petals reminded me of Gray.

Such beauty that gives you more than you have asked for.

Is a dazzling masterpiece with a hidden depth that must be acquired.

I carefully caressed the plant in awe. I wanted to give the set to Gray regardless my wallet was not on me.

A booming voice interrupted my sulking.

"If you want them, take them." The male in charge of the stand offered.

"I don't have any money."

"How do you come to a carnival without money?" The man laughed, crossing his arms.

I shrugged.

"I don't know you tell me."

"You're a funny one. You know what, it's on me. Take the flowers for free."

"Free? If you say so. Thank you." I held the boutique close to my chest and headed to where the Ferris wheel was situated.

Free things are always the best.

I saw someone with dark hair stand a short distance from the line to get on the ride. I put my hand that had the flowers behind my back and walked to him.

"Natsu, I am so sorry. I should have let you explain yourself. I was just worried and angry at the same time.." He tightly embraced me.

"Don't apologize. You had every right to feel what you were feeling then." I told him.

He let go and looked down. He shook his head and said, "I was mad for the wrong reasons! I didn't accept that your suffering was something that would be hard to be free from. I was supposed to help you with what you were going through."

"I want to stay by your side and help you. " His voice cracked and I went to hug him.

I patted his silky hair.

"If you want to help me all you have to do is be with me always.. " I decided.

Everything is temporary.

"And if not, never forget me," I added for the sake of myself.

"Even if we don't stay together forever Natsu you'll always have my heart. No doubt. In fact, I'm not letting you go so easily."

I snorted and laced my fingers in his, leading us to the Ferris wheel line.

"What happened to your face?" He questioned, letting his hand make contact with the gauze.

"Hehe, you know clumsy me." I skittishly laughed. I raised my other hand to show him the bouquet.

I blushed and exclaimed, "For you,"

He gladly took them and sniffed them.

"They're stunning." He exhaled and simpered.

"Just like you," I stated in a hushed tone, but from the colour of his features he unmistakably heard me.

I dragged him to a cabin seat that awaited us both.

The ride had begun and the view of the fireworks captivated me. The darkened skies were filled with ignited stimulating colours. I placed my hand on the cool window and blurted out, "I feel like this is all a dream and one day everything will go back to how it was. Where I woke up feeling like I wanted to die. Where going through a few days without heroin would drive me insane. And finally where you, Gray wouldn't be with me."

"This is reality. I'm here now."

I turned to him and smiled really wide.

It felt genuine.

I did not feel any strain or falseness.

"And I thank you for that. I appreciate every part of you. Without you..I would have never made it this far." I confessed.

Gray grinned at me and I nuzzled my face in his neck.

"I am so damn happy that you exist. " He brought forth.

My pulse rang in my ears.

Someone was glad that I was alive.

This warmness in my chest.

I think it's contentment.

I diverted my eyes away from the window and glanced at him. The varieties of light reflected off his face and I could not help but stroke it softly.

I closed my eyes enjoying how perfectly imperfect the boy before me was. I slipped my hand underneath his shirt enveloping every living fiber of Gray's essence.

"I love you Gray Fullbuster."

To be continued...