31

A/n: Exams are over, expect frequent updates.

If you cannot handle the triggers from the previous chapters I suggest you might as well stop reading this story for your own good.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"You were broken glass but I still touched you even though I knew I would get hurt."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Normal point of view:

Zeref sat before the principal in the early morning.

He should have been getting ready to pick his younger brother to go to the psych hospital, although this was also very important.

This involved Natsu's safety.

And so, the duty to drop the pink haired teen off was thrown on his girlfriend last minute.

She didn't mind, though. She would never have disagreed in the first place.

Makarov had his hands folded before him and stacked his paperwork to the right of his desk.

"How is he doing?" The older man inquired.

"Okay, he's getting there.." 'I wish he truly was.' The raven thought to himself.

"I see.. How long will your brother be at the hospital?"

"I'm not exactly sure. I can give you frequent updates in the meantime," Zeref replied.

"That would be beneficial, to say the least.." The elder trailed off.

Zeref straightened his posture to his superior and narrowed his eyes. Makarov wouldn't just call him in his office to ask how Natsu was, there was certainly more to the meeting.

"Assuming Natsu will return, I plan on taking precautions such as having another roommate."

"But he already has three others why would he need another?" Zeref questioned the older man.

"And look where that got him. I simply believe that he should have someone actually in his room who he is comfortable with. Bunk beds could be placed in no time."

"I have an idea of who he wouldn't mind rooming with,"

"Go on,"

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Gray's point of view:

I looked out my window.

Natsu was there leaving the building with Mavis by his side. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes to see more clearly.

Natsu's messy hair swept through the wind and I saw how dull his pink locks were, even with the light shining, they lost that lovely color.

It makes me think maybe his hair was like that for quite some time until right now that I've noticed it.

Guilt loves me because it's overflowing my system like a gigantic wave.

Should have noticed. Should have.. Sooner. Oh so soon.

He was gradually falling apart and here I was in my wonderland dreaming about him being mine.

I'll never be enough for him.

Can't have him.

These days the words spilling from his lips are so poisonous yet the tone he uses is so harmless. You have to squint to realize that he doesn't know that what he says is wrong.