24

"I'll hit the bottom just to feel the ground."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Normal point of view:

"I haven't seen you with your friends, mainly Gray I suppose."

"..."

"You've been coming up here lately,"

"Yeah."

"You've always liked high places when we were young,"

"Yeah."

"I know you're not alright,"

"I'm fine." The male said emotionlessly.

'Fine. I'm fine. I'm okay.' Natsu chanted in his head. He had been doing it for the past month. Thinking that if he said he was fine, it would actually happen, that he was okay.

Sting got up from sitting in Indian style beside his cousin, knowing the lunch break was almost over.

He placed his hand on top of the pink mop, "No you're not." and closed the door to the rooftop.

Natsu didn't want that hand to leave from where it was. He wanted it to stay and for the owner of the hand to chat up a storm once more, in contempt of the one-sided conversation.

The blonde knew something was up with Natsu just by looking at him. He looked too delicate, ready to break. Natsu wasn't acting like how he normally would and probably would have knocked Sting's hand from touching his hair.

Natsu hugged his knees and looked up at the sky.

'I'm alone again.'

'Sting's babbling stopped the voices for some time.'

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Gray took off his shoes, entering his dorm and came to notice that Sting stood in front of him with his arms crossed.

"What did I do?" Gray asked.

"Glad you know that you've caused something. In any case, let me be blunt,"

"I could care less about why you and Natsu aren't talking. But this isn't the time." Sting declared.

"You don't even know what happened so how could you say 'this isn't the time'?" Gray frowned and Sting pinched the bridge of his nose. He let his roommate explain what went down with the pink haired teen. He asked Gray if he got the other side of the story from Natsu and shook his head. From the start, the blonde was going to be blunt so he revealed, "During Christmas, Natsu's mom died."

Every ounce of blood drained from Gray's face.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

He had just come back from work. Natsu's working periods were extended to make up for his absences. Needless to say, he met up with Macbeth.  

The time Natsu got into his dorm no lights were on. It was dark out but too early for his roommates to be sleeping, indicating that no one was present.

'Do it. Nobody is here to stop you'

Natsu went to his room and pulled out the box from under his bed. He entered the bathroom locking the door. Digging his hands into his pockets, he took out a container of pills and some more heroin.

'End your pity excuse of a life'

The pink haired teen viciously opened the bottle of pills resulting in a few falling onto the tiles. He widened his mouth letting half the portion of pills fit in.