40

"Ending it now would be a waste, don't you think? "

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Normal point of view:

He could not bring himself to fight the one that looked all too familiar.

Fairer skin than he, wild mid back length blue hair, tatted skin on his visage and a buff built, Natsu felt like he knew who this guy was.

One thing for sure, he resembled Igneel.

All the more that made it difficult to defend himself.

Why did everything have to happen to him?

What did he do that was so cruel that every given moment life had to throw something at him?

He wanted to know.

The larger male dragged Natsu out the room, tossing him against the wall near the staircase.

Natsu's back slammed into the worn out material and he wheezed in pain.

"This is what Natsu Dragneel has lowered to?" A raspy voice mocked.

"Answer me!" He yelled squatting down to the disoriented teen.

"Who are you?" Natsu managed to say, peering at the other.

"Ahh, you don't remember huh?" The man admitted and grabbed the boy by his hood. There was no struggling which pissed him off to no end. He held the younger at the edge of the staircase and whispered, "Why is it that you do not struggle? Do you not value your life? Was Igneel saving you from death's door in vain?"

Natsu narrowed his eyes and he went to strike the older only to pause midway as his father's face merged with the look alike.

He would never hit his father but this was not him.

He harshly shut his eyes and proceeded with his blow. The blue haired male had his fist in his hand and he threw him back on the staircase.

Panic struck his entire form as his eyes widened. Each time his physique had impacted with a step he would cry out. It happened very quickly and by the time he reached the bottom he was throbbing.

There was not a part of his body that did not feel sore.

If he had to choose between going through withdrawal and enduring the discomfort he felt at the moment he would choose the first option.

No, he would not, that was preposterous though he just wanted the stabbing pangs to go away.

He stumbled upright trying to scatter. He made it to the living room only for him to encounter another.

'What the hell?' He shouted in his mind. He was hunched forward, having his hand on the side of his rib cage. It was definitely bruised from what he experienced not too long ago.

The unknown figure also sported a trench coat and in addition, they had masked their face.

They must have been used for a distraction since the next thing the Dragneel knew something cold was pressed against his temple from behind.

"It seems that if I were to pull the trigger right now, it would not phase you. Are you really willing to die?" The man declared, having the shorter in a headlock and pushed the metal harder on his skin.

Natsu, the one who had wanted to end his life for years never thought he would hesitate when the chance had been brought upon him.

Sweat began to form on his forehead as he knew that his existence was in the palm of the older. If the man wished, he could have blown his brains out the moment he had placed the rear end of the gun on him.